Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephanie R

What Does "getting Sick" Mean

I am newly diagnosed and need some answers. As I have been researching all of the information that I can get my hands on in reference to celiac disease, I keep reading about "getting sick" if not on a strict gluten free diet. What exactly does getting sick mean? Every day I am vommiting in the mornings, and am having a rough time staying out of the bathroom. Lately my stomach has been really bothering me. I have been gluten free to my knowledge. Since I was diagnosed about 1 month ago I have been feeling so much better until last Thursday. Is it safe to assume that I got into something that is making me sick? If so, does anyone have the some ideas on what I can do to keep from feeling the way that I have been?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello and Welcome! I think it's safe to assume that you either "got into something" or perhaps got a flu bug. Getting "sick" varies for each of us... usually D or C, stomach aches, joint/body aches, brain fog. You'll want to make sure your lotions, shampoos, make up and everything else you go near is gluten-free. If you live with people, CC can be hard to manage.

Be sure to get Nini's newbie kit if you haven't already. In the meantime, rest, lots of water, bananas, rice - nice plain starchy food should help.

Feel better.

Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05

Negative Bloodwork ~

Dr. encourages me to trust my

"Gut Reaction"

I define "getting sick" as a reoccurance of all my old symptoms when I accidently ingest gluten.

I'd guess that you may have gotten some gluten somewhere. When I'd been gluten-free for only a month I was still making tons of mistakes. Your body is probably still healing, too, so even if you didn't ingest any gluten it may be acting up.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.