This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Veteran Here

Lisa

Lisa Mentor

I have been here on this site for over a year and I have gotten the most help that anyone dx with Celiac can have. The answers aren't always here, not always for a solution, as best we try, but also, which is most important ...for the support and life shared experiences.

I remember when this site was a fun place to go when you were feeling bad. Someone always seemed to pick you up and made you feel better. There were friends that made you feel better, even though you felt like crap.

There are a number of people with an alternative life style on this site. I do think that all should be open to a fluid life of others.

AND THIS IS THE FULL MO0N OF OCTOBER, ANY ONE TO BOOGY DOWN?? :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canadian Karen Community Regular

:lol::lol::D I had to check my calendar - I thought it was April Fool's Day! :rolleyes:B);)

Luv ya,

K

Guest Robbin
:lol::lol: Um, gee, look at Gab/chat thread entitled "Forty something tread on someone women" , lol.
Mtndog Collaborator
There are a number of people with an alternative life style on this site. I do think that all should be open to a fluid life of others.

Are You calling ME alternative?

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Trick or treat

Smell my feet

Give me something

Good to eat

I don't care

If you don't care

I'll pull down your underwear :P

Guest Robbin

:)<_< Ok, how about some man jokes? I don't think the men are watching tonight? I'll start:

Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?

Breasts don't have eyes.

Mtndog Collaborator

What's the best way to force a man to do sit ups?

Put the remote control between his toes.

Here's another one:Animals may be our friends. But they won’t pick you up at the airport. (Bobcat Goldthwait)

They say animal behavior can warm you when an earthquake is coming. Like the night before that last earthquake hit, our family dog took the car keys and drove to Arizona (Bob Hope/Gene Perret)

op Ten Signs Your Neighbor Is A Cannibal

10. You see repairmen go in, but you never really see them come out

9. Your name: Lou Levy; recipe on his refrigerator: "Lou Levy Almandine"

8. Lives alone, yet at his garage sale, had men's and women's shoes in most sizes

7. Asks if sailors count as seafood

6. Sues Denny's for false advertising over its so-called "Lumberjack Breakfast"

5. Calls his hot tub "the slow cooker"

4. At Halloween, he always has extremely realistic skeletons on the porch

3. You ask for a beer, he replies, "They're in the fridge next to Steve"

2. Says, "I'm in the mood for a Mexican...I mean Mexican"

1. The "pork shoulder" he serves you is wearing a wristwatch

Lisa Mentor

:)<_< Ok, how about some man jokes? I don't think the men are watching tonight? I'll start:

Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?

Breasts don't have eyes.

[/quot

Oh yes, and it begins......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
What's the best way to force a man to do sit ups?

Put the remote control between his toes.

:lol::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator
How does a man show that

he is planning for the future?

He buys two cases of beer.

They better be gluten free!

This one is from my 75 year old uncle:

the New Living Will Form

I, __________________________, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to

be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means.

Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead

politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended

on it or lawyers/doctors interested in simply running up the bills.

If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to ask for at least one of

the following:

______a Bloody Mary,

______a Margarita

______a Scotch and soda

______a Martini

______a Vodka and Tonic

______a Steak

______Lobster or crab legs

______The remote control

______a Bowl of ice cream

______The sports page

______Chocolate

it should be presumed that I won't ever get better.

When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person

and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a

day. At this point it is time to call the New Orleans Jazz Funeral Band

to come do their thing at my funeral, and ask all of my

friends to raise their glasses to toast the good times we ha ve had.

Signature: __________________________________

Date:________________________________________

I also hear that in Ireland they have a Nursing Home with a Pub. The

patients are happier and they have a lot more visitors. (Sounds like my

kind of Nursing Home)

mommida Enthusiast

A nursing home with a pub? Sounds like a good way to trick the old crows into the nursing home, but kind enough that they won't mind in the long run. <_<:D:D

L.

We Irish are such lushes, aren't we, eh? :lol:

Guest Robbin

:lol::lol::lol: Too fun!!

On a serious note--

Jake was dying. His wife sat at the bedside.

He looked up and said weakly:

"I have something I must confess."

"There's no need to," his wife replied.

"No," he sisisted,

"I want to die in peace, I slept with your sister,

her best friend, your best friend, and your mother!"

"I know," she replied,

"now just rest

and let the poison work."

Mtndog Collaborator

On a serious note--

"No," he sisisted,

"I know," she replied,

"now just rest

tee Hee!

Guest Robbin

:P

A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into the house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs, "Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!"

The husband said, "OMG!! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?"

"Doesn't matter," she said, "Just get the *ell out."

DingoGirl Enthusiast
We Irish are such lushes, aren't we, eh? :lol:

Karen! just look at yourself now! look what you've become and put that drink down! or....maybe that face will pass once the full moon wanes...dear God let's hope so.....

;)

rinne Apprentice

On a serious note--

"No," he sisisted,

"I know," she replied,

"now just rest

ROTFLMAO

I need a joke, okay here's one.

A young man enters a monastery and is given the task of copying manuscripts and as he is doing this he begins to wonder how many times they have been copied and whether or not anyone ever made a mistake and what if he is just copying mistakes. It bothers him. He goes to the priest and tells him and the priest says, "don't worry, just do your work" but he can't, he thinks about it all the time and so one day when he sees the Abbot he tells him his fear and the Abbot says, "don't worry, just do your work". Later that day no-one can find the Abbot and then someone remembered seeing him going down into the tombs where the original manuscripts were stored and they go looking for him. As they reach the top of the stairs they hear sobbing and they run down the stairs to find the Abbot very distraught, "what is wrong, what is wrong" they cry and the Abbot through his tears says, "it says CELEBRATE". :ph34r:

LKelly8 Rookie

An Irish Priest and a Rabbi get into a car accident. They both get out of their cars and stumble over to the side of the road. The Rabbi says, "Oy vey! What a wreck!" The Priest asks him, "Are you all right Rabbi?" The Rabbi responds, "Just a little shaken."

The Priest pulls a flask of whiskey from his coat and says, "Here, drink some of this it will calm your nerves." The Rabbi takes the flask and drinks it down and says, "What are we going to tell the police?" "Well," the Priest says, "I don't know what your aft' to be tellin' 'em but I'll be tellin' them I wasn't the one drinking."

:lol::rolleyes:

gfp Enthusiast

This is just an observation ... but I only clicked this by accident, I wasn't going to open this thread at all...

Since MommaGoose is one of those complaining about "atmosphere" then this thread does nothing to help...

I realise now its a joke....I didn't until I opened it so I just thought "ho hum..another thread I won't bother with"

if someone wants to copy this then perhaps all those who ignore me can alsdo see this?

Mtndog Collaborator
if someone wants to copy this then perhaps all those who ignore me can alsdo see this?

Senor GFP- No comprendo???????????

gfp Enthusiast
Senor GFP- No comprendo???????????

Well if people have me on their "ignore list" then they won't see the post.

eKatherine Rookie
I have been here on this site for over a year and I have gotten the most help that anyone dx with Celiac can have. The answers aren't always here, not always for a solution, as best we try, but also, which is most important ...for the support and life shared experiences.

I remember when this site was a fun place to go when you were feeling bad. Someone always seemed to pick you up and made you feel better. There were friends that made you feel better, even though you felt like crap.

I thought this was a serious post. So it was actually supposed to be a joke at the expense of those with alternative lifestyles?

rinne Apprentice
This is just an observation ... but I only clicked this by accident, I wasn't going to open this thread at all...

Since MommaGoose is one of those complaining about "atmosphere" then this thread does nothing to help...

I realise now its a joke....I didn't until I opened it so I just thought "ho hum..another thread I won't bother with"

Does this help?

I thought this was a serious post. So it was actually supposed to be a joke at the expense of those with alternative lifestyles?

No expense at all. :lol::ph34r::lol: No seriousness, as far as I can tell either.

Lisa Mentor

Alright, I friggin give up. eKatherine, this thread is all yours. Go at it babe!

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Well if people have me on their "ignore list" then they won't see the post.

What is an ignore list?

Okay, going out on a limb here cuz I'm pretty well at my wit's end and fed up.

I think what Lisa was trying to attempt to do was lighten the mood a little bit, because quite frankly, there has been quite a bit of anal retentiveness on this board lately. It seems that no matter what you post, SOMEONE is offended. It's getting to the point where you are afraid to post ANYTHING, cuz someone will chime in that has taken it the wrong way and is in someway offended. If I posted asking people who have brown eyes if they are more sensitive to light, I am pretty well guaranteed that SOMEONE will post that they feel offended, because they have blue eyes, and feel left out that they can't contribute!

Sheesh! Lighten up folks! Lately it feels like everyone is permanently PMSing!

Okay, go ahead, bash away at me now......

Karen

Archived