This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Veteran Here

Lisa

Guest nini
Okay, going out on a limb here cuz I'm pretty well at my wit's end and fed up.

I think what Lisa was trying to attempt to do was lighten the mood a little bit, because quite frankly, there has been quite a bit of anal retentiveness on this board lately. It seems that no matter what you post, SOMEONE is offended. It's getting to the point where you are afraid to post ANYTHING, cuz someone will chime in that has taken it the wrong way and is in someway offended. If I posted asking people who have brown eyes if they are more sensitive to light, I am pretty well guaranteed that SOMEONE will post that they feel offended, because they have blue eyes, and feel left out that they can't contribute!

Sheesh! Lighten up folks! Lately it feels like everyone is permanently PMSing!

Okay, go ahead, bash away at me now......

Karen

yeah really, lighten up folks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor

CHEERS TO YOU BOTH :):):):)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I thought this was a serious post. So it was actually supposed to be a joke at the expense of those with alternative lifestyles?

I think that she was suggesting her "alternative" lifestyle, even if it wasn't what we usually use that term for. It's a joke, not making fun of anyone, except maybe men .... thank GOODNESS I don't get offended by blonde jokes or other things people say!! Some around here take things WAY to seriously. Life's much more fun when you don't.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hey Carla! Try being a Newfie!!!!!! :lol::P;)B)

CarlaB Enthusiast

No thanks, the cold up there would do strange stuff to my mind ... :lol:

gfp Enthusiast

I think what Lisa was trying to attempt to do was lighten the mood a little bit,

and I was just pouinting out that the threads title wasn't conducive to that though of course she'll never see that if Im on the ignore list.

I saw the TITLE of the thread and just added it to my mental list of threads to ignore stirring up trouble (which obviously wasn't the intent) but Im pretty sick of these constant threads anyway... so I just presumed it would be another of those threads.

Since momma goose never seems to read anything I post I presume I am on her ignore list so I figured there is no point even saying anything .... (which I seem to be doing a lot of lately since so many people think its rude to correct people who post erronius facts, I just don't bother)

Come to think of it why am I bothering with this???

bah its not worth my effort typing it

Rikki Tikki Explorer
and I was just pouinting out that the threads title wasn't conducive to that though of course she'll never see that if Im on the ignore list.

I saw the TITLE of the thread and just added it to my mental list of threads to ignore stirring up trouble (which obviously wasn't the intent) but Im pretty sick of these constant threads anyway... so I just presumed it would be another of those threads.

Since momma goose never seems to read anything I post I presume I am on her ignore list so I figured there is no point even saying anything .... (which I seem to be doing a lot of lately since so many people think its rude to correct people who post erronius facts, I just don't bother)

HUH I am so lost :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Steve, you presume too much.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I'm pretty tuned in to Momma Goose and her feeling on this board, and I can say with some certainty that she has never voiced anything negative your way, Steve.....

To be honest, I think that the ignore feature on this board is largely ignored..... :P

Come to think of it, this is a prime example of what we are trying to point out. You can't make a peep around here anymore without someone jumping on you, making presumptions and getting all in a huff and offended...... <_<

gfp Enthusiast
Steve, you presume too much.

Obviously because I presumed the wrong thing about the thread from the beginning :D before I even read it...

I really just wanted to point out that the title of the thread (while a nice idea) is probably going to get a lot of people just ignoring it....

I already presumed what the title of the thread meant.... but honestly I doubt I'm the only one...

nikki-uk Enthusiast

No thanks, the cold up there would do strange stuff to my mind ... :lol:

Not to mention you'd have to try and understand their..um odd accent!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I thought this was a serious post. So it was actually supposed to be a joke at the expense of those with alternative lifestyles?

Oh Lord. here we go..............

Alright, I friggin give up. eKatherine, this thread is all yours. Go at it babe!

Amen.....

I think what Lisa was trying to attempt to do was lighten the mood a little bit, because quite frankly, there has been quite a bit of anal retentiveness on this board lately. It seems that no matter what you post, SOMEONE is offended. It's getting to the point where you are afraid to post ANYTHING, cuz someone will chime in that has taken it the wrong way and is in someway offended. If I posted asking people who have brown eyes if they are more sensitive to light, I am pretty well guaranteed that SOMEONE will post that they feel offended, because they have blue eyes, and feel left out that they can't contribute!

Sheesh! Lighten up folks! Lately it feels like everyone is permanently PMSing!

Okay, go ahead, bash away at me now......

Karen

I am so beyond fed up.....and you know something, I don't care any more if people are offended! things are wacky lately - everyone's SUPER sensitive - - offendedness abounds....makes me want to be even feistier...... ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I am so beyond fed up.....and you know something, I don't care any more if people are offended! things are wacky lately - everyone's SUPER sensitive - - offendedness abounds....makes me want to be even feistier...... ;)

I think this is the only solution.

Not to mention you'd have to try and understand their..um odd accent!!!

Umm, that's an accent? I thought it was a different language!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

debmidge Rising Star

Well, this is to testify that my husband and I have an "alternative" lifestyle ;)

Being gluten free is an "alternative" lifestyle :lol:

And, if you annoy me I will put you on ignore, but I really won't - I just want you to think you're being ignored. How's that for creating paranoia....

ha ha ha ha -- I'm in a silly mood.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Well, this is to testify that my husband and I have an "alternative" lifestyle ;)

Being gluten free is an "alternative" lifestyle :lol:

And, if you annoy me I will put you on ignore, but I really won't - I just want you to think you're being ignored. How's that for creating paranoia....

ha ha ha ha -- I'm in a silly mood.

Excellent Deb....I think it's exactly this type of behavior that will get us put on the IGNORE list....I consider it an honor..... :ph34r::lol:

LKelly8 Rookie

A goose walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Why so down?"

. . .

A man and a duck are walking down the street together. Suddenly the man notices a low flying plane headed right for them and he yells, "DUCK!" - The duck turns around and angrily shouts back, "MAN!!".

. . .

This guy walks into a bar, pulls out a tiny piano and stool, and a tiny little man. The tiny man sits down, and starts to play the piano. “Hey, what's that?” says the barman. “Ya see, I found this magic lamp, rubbed it, made a wish, I got a this little man who plays piano.” “Can I try?” The man agrees and gives the barman the lamp and a minute later, a million ducks fill the room.

“Ducks? I didn't wish for a million ducks, I wished for a million bucks!”

“Ya think I really wished for a twelve inch pianist?”

. . .

A Frenchman walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender asks, "Where did you get that thing?" The parrot replies, "In France, there are millions of them!"

. . .

:lol::rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

On a much more sombre note...

We must take a quiet moment now to mourn the passing of Allan Smallwood, aged 93, at his home in Chicago this past weekend. He was the composer of the song "The Hokey Pokey", written in 1946. For the family, the most painful part of the funeral service came when they were putting Smallwood's body into the coffin. They put his left foot in...

...And then all the trouble began...

Gosh...is that gonna offend anybody...?

Too bad if it does. You know it's funny!!! :lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

We must take a quiet moment now to mourn the passing of Allan Smallwood, aged 93, at his home in Chicago this past weekend. He was the composer of the song "The Hokey Pokey", written in 1946. For the family, the most painful part of the funeral service came when they were putting Smallwood's body into the coffin. They put his left foot in...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(did he really die?)

Lisa Mentor

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

did he really die :lol::lol::lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

I totally thought you were serious--until I burst out laughing :lol:

Rikki Tikki Explorer

:lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

I dunno if he really died...or if his name was really Allan Smallwood, actually. My apologies if you are the real composer of this great ditty, and I have misrepresented you...here we go, offending people again...(!) :huh::D

lonewolf Collaborator

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You all are keeping me laughing too hard to even think of being offended by anything. I wish I could remember jokes!

Guest Robbin
I dunno if he really died...or if his name was really Allan Smallwood, actually. My apologies if you are the real composer of this great ditty, and I have misrepresented you...here we go, offending people again...(!) :huh::D

:lol::lol: Too funny. I dunno if anyone would be offended by the joke. Being called Mr. Smallwood might offend some though. OOOOPSSS. :ph34r:

elye Community Regular
:lol: Yes, Indeed! A Mr. Smallwood may be easier to get into a coffin, however...not as much to...move out of the way... :lol:

Archived