Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jesscarmel

Prayers Please!

Hi everyone

as ive talked about before ive been very dizzy since going gluten free- sort of a vertigo. well i saw a neurologist who wants to do an mri this thursday to rule out teh "bad stuff" i'm really scared. i had an mri for the celiac so at least i know what to expect but im still scared and praying nothing serious is wrong.

thanks for your support!

Jess

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Will keep this in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Sending well wishes, good vibes, and a few prayers your way. Let us know the outcome! ***HUGS***

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Sending prayers your way that it is nothing serious. Please let us know the outcome.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

jESS --SO SORRY..SO IT'S NOT VERTIGO??

SURE WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS.

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED OK,

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

Hugs, good vibes and prayers your way! Let us know what happens! B

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

thanks everyone :) !

i think it is vertigo but they have to rule scary stuff out, which i think is good caue all the other doctors i saw just said "inner ear infection" and didnt rule anything else out so i think its good hes doing it. i will let ppl know the results. unfortunatley i think it takes a week to get back which sucks!

Jess

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Hi Jess--I'll be thinking about you :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev