Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

Contamination = Weird Vision?

I seem to have been contaminated as of Sunday, for Thanksgiving (all I ate was some mashed potatoes, but apparently the butter they used had some major bread crumbs in it!!)

So for the last 2 days, Anything I eat/drink has gone straight through me so of course i'm feeling a little dizziness after 2 days of running on empty...And the brainfog is so horrible I forgot that I started class at 3 today (some reason I thought 4, even tho its always been 3) and forgot I had a quiz (I didnt study, but I still got 8/10 lol)...BUT thats not the only issue...

My vision really seems to be acting up!! I'm not blind or hallucinating or anything, just my vision is very spotty almost? It goes from being VERY fuzzy to back to normal, and they BURN...

Any suggestions for help? OR anyone deal with this too? I've never had this contamination symptom before so its puzzlin me :blink:

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My vision really seems to be acting up!! I'm not blind or hallucinating or anything, just my vision is very spotty almost? It goes from being VERY fuzzy to back to normal, and they BURN...

Any suggestions for help? OR anyone deal with this too? I've never had this contamination symptom before so its puzzlin me :blink:

~ lisa ~

I have what sounds like that happen to me, my vision will get blurry and then will return to normal and I have tears that burn. I am not thinking this is related to Celiac so I don't know if this helps, I am thinking it is related to Lyme disease in my case.

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

Well, I get vision problems with glutenings, as well as tearing, burning eyes. So, yes, I'm sure it will get better soon. Amazing that you still did well on your test!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get blury vision too, and I think it has to do with blood pressure. When I get bad D my blood pressure bottoms out, and then I get up to fast or something, and my vision with go wacky for a minute. The last time (over a year ago) that I had pasta (a month into a gluten-free trial) my intestines shut down, and I passed out. The ER Doc said my intestines had shut down, and my blood pressure had dropped so fast that I couldn't keep concious. I notice it now, when I get glutened, I can feel myself get light headed and my vision go weird on me.....

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

I get blury vision too, and I think it has to do with blood pressure. When I get bad D my blood pressure bottoms out, and then I get up to fast or something, and my vision with go wacky for a minute. The last time (over a year ago) that I had pasta (a month into a gluten-free trial) my intestines shut down, and I passed out. The ER Doc said my intestines had shut down, and my blood pressure had dropped so fast that I couldn't keep concious. I notice it now, when I get glutened, I can feel myself get light headed and my vision go weird on me.....

Very interesting...I wonder if my 'new' intestine problems are doing that to me also? Because last week I actually based out from feeling so physically weak and in so much pain (and ended up late for class even)

Glad to know tho that the vision issues really IS more than likely just from being glutened and not some other problem

Well, I get vision problems with glutenings, as well as tearing, burning eyes. So, yes, I'm sure it will get better soon. Amazing that you still did well on your test!

Yes, I am suprised I did good on the test too, seeing how I'm like a chapter behind on my reading!! (you know whats its like being glutened--reading/trying to memorize and understand what you read is impossible!!) .. I have a quiz tomorrow on the chapter I havent even looked at yet, tomorrow I'll just browse it because I'm sure if I can pull of 80% without studying for today's, I can do it tomorrow too lol

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Yes, I am suprised I did good on the test too, seeing how I'm like a chapter behind on my reading!! (you know whats its like being glutened--reading/trying to memorize and understand what you read is impossible!!) .. I have a quiz tomorrow on the chapter I havent even looked at yet, tomorrow I'll just browse it because I'm sure if I can pull of 80% without studying for today's, I can do it tomorrow too lol

~ lisa ~

Ah but if you did that well glutened why not study and go for a 100%? Sorry that was the teacher in me talking. :) I also get problems with my vision from gluten. I went to an eye doctor before diagnosis and he thought I was doing drugs and told me once I was off them my vision would improve :angry: I haven't had anywhere near the eye problems I had since I went gluten-free. On a side note though make sure the doctor checks your sugar levels, high blood sugar can cause similar problems.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I work at an optometrists office and I have learned that your vision can be affected by dry eyes. The drier they are, the more blurry your vision. Also, the burning can be allergies. Mine always feel like they are on fire right at my tear ducts. I use an over the counter allergy drop called Opcon A. It works better than anything else I've tried, including prescription drops. Maybe celiac disease dries out your eyes or something. Anyway, hope this helps.

Gluten free since 6/1/06