Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

Cca Chapter - Regina Meeting Tomorrow

Anyone else on this board, from the Regina Chapter, planning to go to that meeting .. tomorrow?? Lol

I guess I should have posted this before....I'd REALLY like some more info about Shelley Case's new book or any other info they had. If it wasnt review time for midterms and if I didnt have a doc appointment on the 12th I would have gone...

SO if someone reads this by tomorrow and can help me our here, please???

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I live in Ontario and have gone to a couple of local CCA chapter meetings plus I went to the national CCA meeting in May.

I have a copy of Shelley Case's book here at home ... is there something I can help you with?

Suzie

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

celiac disease diagnosed by pos tTG March 2006 and pos biopsy June 2006

I live in Ontario and have gone to a couple of local CCA chapter meetings plus I went to the national CCA meeting in May.

I have a copy of Shelley Case's book here at home ... is there something I can help you with?

Suzie

Shes supposedly in production (or has produced) a new book, so there was supposed to be a bunch of info on it at this meeting ... wish I could have gone to it!

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Yes, I bought a copy of the revised edition of her book on the gluten-free diet at the national meeting in May.

You could purchase it through the national office of the CCA if you want a copy of it celiac.ca and there may be other places where you can buy it too.

The book has recipes as well as nutritional info about different gluten-free grains, lists of manufacturers of gluten-free products in Canada and the US, information about safe and unsafe ingredients.... it's very good.

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

celiac disease diagnosed by pos tTG March 2006 and pos biopsy June 2006

I also have the new revised 2006 edition of Shelley Case's book. It is excellent, and has recipes as well as practical information about gluten-free foods. The author lives in Canada (Regina SK), but the book covers US foods and suppliers well. If you live in Canada or the US, and follow a gluten-free diet, you should have this book:

Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide by Shelley Case, ISBN 1-897010-28-1.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007