This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Glutino Pretzles

cycler

cycler Contributor

I noticed that Whole Foods stocks big bags of Glutino Pretzles but at $5. I wanted to ask if anyone has tasted them and if they taste anything like real pretzles. I've spent so much on gluten free snacks that were so bad that I've only eaten them one time. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

spunky Contributor

I LOVE these pretzels! I don't buy them often because of the expense. Even my gluten-eating friends always grab some out of my bag. I think they are worth buying, but I do wish they were cheaper so I could have them more often.

mamaw Community Regular

$5.00 sounds like a good price to me--- I pay $6.99 a bag. All of my family gluten-free & non gluten-free love them. They I think are actually better than the wheat ones.I put hersey kisses in between two of them heat in oven ---makes a great treat for the kids.

Stawberry pretzel salad is another good one..

mamaw

jesscarmel Enthusiast
I noticed that Whole Foods stocks big bags of Glutino Pretzles but at $5. I wanted to ask if anyone has tasted them and if they taste anything like real pretzles. I've spent so much on gluten free snacks that were so bad that I've only eaten them one time. Thanks!

I LOVE these pretzels. thats a pretty good price. i have a hard time finding them so buys tons of bags at once. they are expensive but i buy them anyways cause hey i dont have many options! defintlye buy them. i think they are way better than "normal" pretzels and my fiancee and sister who are non celiac love them too.

Jess

Guest melannen

In my opinion, glutino pretzels are the best out there!! Before I went gluten-free I was a pretzel fiend, I was soooo happy to find these (happy dance moment!)! I prefer them to the gluten-filled variety (so do my friends but they have to sneak them because they're mine :P).

And $5 a bag?? I usually pay around $8 :o

If you like pretzels at all, BUY THEM!! You won't be sorry :D

Cheri A Contributor

My dd loves them too! I pay about $6.99 a bag too. Crazy!!

cycler Contributor

WOW! I'm so glad to hear what you all said! I might've understated the price - I know when I saw the $5 in the price I didn't look to see how much it was exactly. It's just so annoying to pay these prices when everone else pays .99 for a bag of ordinary pretzles.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest melannen
WOW! I'm so glad to hear what you all said! I might've understated the price - I know when I saw the $5 in the price I didn't look to see how much it was exactly. It's just so annoying to pay these prices when everone else pays .99 for a bag of ordinary pretzles.

Ah but these are no ordinary pretzels; they're better!!

Pilgrim South Rookie

Our teenage son, age 18 LOVES them!

kathy1 Contributor

My husb loves the Energ Wylde Pretzels. Says they are very close the "reg" pretzels and they do not cost $5 a bag.

bklynceliac Apprentice

i concur with all. they're excellent, and $5 is probably the best price i've heard for them...

brendygirl Community Regular
My husb loves the Energ Wylde Pretzels. Says they are very close the "reg" pretzels and they do not cost $5 a bag.

I LOVE THOSE TOO!!!!!!!! My friend and I were on a road trip and she tried some, then wanted more, but I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guest nini

my daughter and I both love the Glutino pretzels... last year for snack time at school, my daughter wanted to take them to share with her entire class one day, the whole kindergarten class LOVED them.

Rusla Enthusiast

I love the sesame ones, they are killer good.

cycler Contributor

You were all right!!!!!!!

I bought them this week and they are GREAT!

They were $5.99 but it is a big bag and if I don't eat too many at one time it will last a while.

Budew Rookie

I like the EnerG pretzels, regular not sesame @ $1.80.

BabySnooks Rookie

I guess I must be an oddball! I tried the Glutino pretzels last year and thought they were disgusting! I threw them out. Looks like I am the only person who doesn't love them!!!

Sharon

jnifred Explorer

The EnerG sesame ones are my favorite. Glutinos are ok, but have found I prefer EnerG. I also like that they come in smaller bags and easy for snacking on trips and carpooling and etc....

Kristen2Denise Apprentice

glutino pretzels can be bought on amazon .com in bulk --- you end up paying less than 5 dollars a bag which for me was excellent since I can only get them for 6.99 at the cheapest! I love the pretzels and I'm more than happy to have tons - my fiance eats them on me and drives me nuts!

Saz Explorer

Kinda off topic here but has anyone tired the Glutino break bar? It tastes just like a kit kat! Its so good that I checked the labeling again just make sure I'd read it correctly. I think I'm really lucky to get them, as I know of only one health food shop in my area that get them in (It don't think it is a common brand here in Aus) I also wanted to as if anyone has tired there savoury biscuits, the health food shop sells them in pack of 3 or 4 wich would be perfect for me as the other brand similar biscuits I buy end up going off before I can eat them. Grateful for anyones thoughts! esp on the chocie bar ( I am just ever so slightly obsessed)

lpellegr Collaborator

All those gluten-free pretzels are great in "Chex mix" made with Rice Crunchems and Corn crunchems and some mixed nuts. One of these days I'm going to make some chocolate covered ones for that sweet/salty combo I miss. Or just melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and dunk them as I eat.

statedrone Newbie

I just had to post to this one. Recently diagnosed Celiac, first time poster. My sister and 2 nieces also have it. I have only been able to find these in a little health food store in Evansville IN ( I go through there to get to my sisters'). I usually have to pay about 7.00 or 8.00 dollars for them. They are excellent.

I always save some back and use them in my meatloaf. My husband (non-celiac) has said he loves the meatloaf with the Glutino preztels in them better than when I made my meatloaf with crackers.

I also use them for a crunchy crust for casseroles. There are a 101 uses for them.

barilla Explorer

I love these pretzels. I put plain cream cheese on them. It tastes just like a bagel.

Archived