Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Want To Make Fried Potato - Izzy's Pizza Buffet

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I guess they could be called "jo-jo's" but what I remember were thinly sliced potato rounds, with a crispy, seasoned skin (kinda like fried chicken skin but thinner). They were so good! I want to come up with a great recipe, but i'm not sure what to put in it. And since it isn't the most healthy recipe, I want it to be DANG good so I can savor it!

Any suggestions would be most welcome! Thx a bunch!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest ~jules~

Yes I do, I miss them too. I think all it is, is flour coating with seasoning, I've never tried myself to make them, but I've thought of it. I would use a gluten free all purpose baking mix for substitute, I use arrowhead mills alot. Let me know how they turn out. :D

I've never had the buffet you mentioned but I take baking potatoes (I cube mine) & I fry them in garlic oil or canola oil until very crispy & crunchy on the outside & soft inside.I sprinle while frying with my favorite spices ie: garlic powder, italian seasoning or rosemary ,& parsley, grated cheese at times. I have been asked many times to bring these to pot lucks.I'm sorry --- leave the skins on them so scrub them well.

hope this helps.

mamaw