Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MauriceGreene

Veterans...how Often Do You Get Glutened?

If you've been living gluten free for over 1-2 years how often do you get glutened? Is it rare like once a year or once every six weeks. Thanks

God sees you homie

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've been gluten-free for thirteen months. Besides the initial few months where I accidently glutened myself A LOT, I think I've been glutened 2 or 3 times since May. So I guess that's once every two months or so. Which sounds really bad! Yikes, I need to be more careful. One was from a restaurant. Right now I feel like I've been glutened but I'm not 100% sure because I don't know what it could be from.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Hi there- Welcome. I've been gluten-free for about a year and a half. I used to think I was getting glutened like once or twice a week, but it took me quite awhile to realize that I couldn't tolerate any legumes (soy, peanuts, beans etc) and I had a huge mold problem in my apartment (so we moved!).

So to make a compliacted answer short, I'd say I get glutened maybe about once a month tops and it's almost always due to cross-contamination or eating out. I can't even remember the last time I actually mistakenly ate something with gluten as an ingredient. It DOES get better!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

If I avoid gluten, dairy, soy, limit eating out to almost never and stick to whole natural organic foods I can go months and months and months without getting sick...

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates