Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robina

Gluten Free And Wheat Free Facial Care?

I've done some searches on here and found some products that people say are gluten free... are they also wheat free? What do you guys use?

Robin L Healey, AFPA-CPT

Venus Bodyworks Personal Training

and Lifestyle Coaching

"Ive transformed my body and others...

are you ready to transform yours?"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Zia--the Moisturizing Cleanser and the Ultimate Night Renewal. Those are gluten-free, but not all of their products are.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

All of Nars cosmetics facial care products are gluten-free, which is the brand of cosmetics I use, but for facial care, I use Neutrogena--they will send you a list of their gluten-free stuff, but they also clearly label, and I find most of their stuff to be gluten-free.

Dove also clearly labels wheat, oats, barley, and rye, and some of their facial products are gluten-free, too.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

put in neutrogena into the search function on this board. just a few weeks ago i posted a really long safe list from neutrogena. i love their stuff.

Amanda

Positive TTG 9/05

Positive endoscopy 9/05

Doing well with "Sprue"

Robina, if something says gluten-free, it must, by default, be wheat free as well. Because if it contained wheat, it wouldn't be gluten-free.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

put in neutrogena into the search function on this board. just a few weeks ago i posted a really long safe list from neutrogena. i love their stuff.

AmandaD - Thanks for posting that. I just went and looked it up. It is a really long list, which is great. Lots of great products to choose from.

Karen

gluten-free since March 05

Robina, if something says gluten-free, it must, by default, be wheat free as well. Because if it contained wheat, it wouldn't be gluten-free.

Thanks for that... I'm so new at this I have no idea what to think... the reason I asked is because in comparing the wheat free and gluten free shopping lists at the Whole Foods site... I noticed some of the wheat free items were not on the gluten free list and vice versa...

Robin L Healey, AFPA-CPT

Venus Bodyworks Personal Training

and Lifestyle Coaching

"Ive transformed my body and others...

are you ready to transform yours?"

Thanks for that... I'm so new at this I have no idea what to think... the reason I asked is because in comparing the wheat free and gluten free shopping lists at the Whole Foods site... I noticed some of the wheat free items were not on the gluten free list and vice versa...

Yes, I agree that it can be confusing. If it says wheat free, it isn't necessarily gluten-free, but if it says gluten-free, it must be wheat free as well.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------