Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Estacee

Ciabatta Bread

Hello all!

I am looking for a gluten-free recipe for ciabatta bread. I think this might prove to be next to impossible. But I have to try. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Stacee

Hi

Try this recipe.

Italian Ciabatta Bread

2 cups Bread Flour Mix

1 ¼ tsp. xanthan gum

¾ - 1 tsp. salt

4 tsp. sugar

1 packet active dry yeast (not quick-rise)

2 tsp. olive oil

1 cup water, heated to 43°c

Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl of electric mixer. Quickly add olive oil and warm water (43°c) to the bowl; mix until just blended. Scrape bowl and beaters, and then beat at high speed for 3 minutes. Spoon dough into prepared pan; cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (30°c is ideal) for 40 – 50 minutes or until dough has slightly more than doubled in size.

Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 200°c while bread is rising (do not use a convection oven because it will brown the bread too quickly).

Bake bread in center of preheated oven for 40 – 50 minutes (35 – 45 minutes for two smaller loaves). When done, bread should have a hollow sound when tapped on the sides. Instant read thermometer should register 98-102°c. You can bake it longer to make a thicker crust; the color will deepen and the internal temperature will continue to rise. Remove bread from pan and cool on a rack at least 15 minutes before slicing. The crust will soften a bit after the bread cools, but you can easily recrisp it in the oven.

Bread Flour Mix (makes 6 cups):

Millet flour 2 cups

Sorghum(millet) flour 1 cup

Cornstarch 1 cup

Potato starch 1 cup

Tapioca flour 1 cup

Bake on a baking sheet shaped as a freeform loaf or roll.

All the best

:D

Angelo.