Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momandgirls

Cookie Cutters

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Okay, this is my opinion:

If your cookie cutters are metal, it would be very hard to get them perfectly clean, as they have that seam, and I wouldn't use them. If they're plastic, I think most of them would be fine, if you scrub them well. If you aren't sure if you have been able to get old dough totally out of tight corners (like very pointed stars for instance), don't use those either.

In the end, it's up to you to make those decisions, because nobody but you can decide which ones will get perfectly clean again.

If you're in doubt, buy new ones to be used exclusively for non-gluten dough.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------