Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzie

Southern Glory Biscuits

Hi all, Has anyone out there tried the Southern Glory Biscuit mix? I love biscuits and can't find anything that tastes and "feels" like the real thing. Opinions welcomed. ;)

Sue

Guest nini

I absolutely LOVE 1-2-3 Gluten Free's Southern Glory Biscuit mix, it is by far the closest thing to real southern style biscuits that I have had since going gluten-free... I make a big batch of them and freeze what I don't eat in what sitting, then when I want to have a biscuit or two I just warm them in the microwave for about 1 minute until warm... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!

I haven't tried the Southern Glory mix (although I will now), the closest thing to real southern bicuits I've had were frozen pre-made "cream" biscuits from Whole Foods. I was going to get some for Thanksgiving but maybe I'll try 123's mix first! :D

Guest nini
I haven't tried the Southern Glory mix (although I will now), the closest thing to real southern bicuits I've had were frozen pre-made "cream" biscuits from Whole Foods. I was going to get some for Thanksgiving but maybe I'll try 123's mix first! :D

I like the 1-2-3 one's so much better than Whole Foods cream biscuits...

Guest nini
where do you find the 1-2-3 biscuit mix? Please share!

I get them at my local health food co op, but you can order them directly from the website!

Nini,

I just have to say, I love how enthusiastic you are about the products you love. Thank you, it really makes being gluten free seem not-so-bad when I hear your rave reviews :) And I'm sure those who are new to the Celiac diet find your input helpful, too.

I've bought the 1-2-3 pan bars, but I haven't tried the biscuits yet. I'll definitely have to give them a try! Mmmm, biscuits and honey....

- Lauren

Guest nini
Nini,

I just have to say, I love how enthusiastic you are about the products you love. Thank you, it really makes being gluten free seem not-so-bad when I hear your rave reviews :) And I'm sure those who are new to the Celiac diet find your input helpful, too.

I've bought the 1-2-3 pan bars, but I haven't tried the biscuits yet. I'll definitely have to give them a try! Mmmm, biscuits and honey....

- Lauren

LOL! Thanks for the observation! Yes, I am a self described "foodie" and am passionate about good food, when I find something that is extraordinary I want to tell the world about it! I haven't tried the pan bars (never was a pan bar fan) but I may just have to try them.

I really try to focus on what yummy foods CAN I have, rather than what can't I have. I'm fortunate that my local health food store is really really good about constantly ordering new gluten-free products to try. (oh and it doesn't hurt that my hubby WORKS there so I get to find out pretty quickly when they get something new in!) A lot of times the grocery manager will send home some of the new products for me to sample before she brings them in! Some of the things have been downright nasty, so she didn't bring them in! But for the most part there have been some really good discoveries made this way!

Nini-

You just got me so pumped about an actually biscuit that doesn't taste like playdough....we've ALL had a playdough biscuit at least once during this gluten-free experience. I'm buying a few mixes now! Thank you!

LOL! Thanks for the observation! Yes, I am a self described "foodie" and am passionate about good food, when I find something that is extraordinary I want to tell the world about it! I haven't tried the pan bars (never was a pan bar fan) but I may just have to try them.

I really try to focus on what yummy foods CAN I have, rather than what can't I have. I'm fortunate that my local health food store is really really good about constantly ordering new gluten-free products to try. (oh and it doesn't hurt that my hubby WORKS there so I get to find out pretty quickly when they get something new in!) A lot of times the grocery manager will send home some of the new products for me to sample before she brings them in! Some of the things have been downright nasty, so she didn't bring them in! But for the most part there have been some really good discoveries made this way!