Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BabySnooks

Gluten Free Nuts

I would like to hear about your experience with nuts. The label on Kirkland's cashews states that the product is gluten-free but is processed in a facility that also processes products with wheat. I haven't checked out any other brands yet.

Does anyone have any information on other brands of peanuts and cashews? I have been craving them lately. Thanks

Sharon

BabySnooks

Diagnosed with celiac disease July 8, 2005 by endoscopy and colonoscopy.

Rediagnosed with Celiac Sprue August, 2006 with positive duodenal and small bowel biopsies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know where you are but if you have a Planet Organic nearby. I think they are only in a few places in Canada. They have a gluten-free booklet that they will give to Celiacs, with their own brands that are gluten-free in them. I won't touch anything that has been produced in a facilty where wheat has been. I am suffeing right now from eating a mini Mars bar and not reading the package first. I thought they were the same as the big ones. It is nice that Kirkland is disclosing everything.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

I would like to hear about your experience with nuts. The label on Kirkland's cashews states that the product is gluten-free but is processed in a facility that also processes products with wheat. I haven't checked out any other brands yet.

Does anyone have any information on other brands of peanuts and cashews? I have been craving them lately. Thanks

Sharon

For what it's worth, I eat Kirkland cashews just about every day and never have a problem with them.

Jeanne

We use Kirkland walnuts and almonds here without an issue.

Gluten-free, Vegan

I get planters. They have those snack sleeves that fit in my purse. Even the Honey Roasted are gluten-free, their ingredient list says corn starch.

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

I get planters. They have those snack sleeves that fit in my purse. Even the Honey Roasted are gluten-free, their ingredient list says corn starch.

Thanks to all of you for your input. Sounds like I can enjoy peanuts and cashews now!

Sharon

BabySnooks

Diagnosed with celiac disease July 8, 2005 by endoscopy and colonoscopy.

Rediagnosed with Celiac Sprue August, 2006 with positive duodenal and small bowel biopsies.

I am suffeing right now from eating a mini Mars bar and not reading the package first. I thought they were the same as the big ones.

Rusla, the big Mars bars have malted barley in them. Don't eat them. A while ago Ty said, "What's in a Mars bar that I can't have?" so we read the label. It was a regular sized Mars.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.