Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

floridanative

Health Valley Will List All Forms Of Gluten

I found their soup at Publix and they had a cream of mushroom that seemed gluten free but of course I would not know if it contained barley so I e-mailed them about their policy. They said they list all forms of gluten in addition to the main allergens, one of which is wheat gluten. They process wheat in many products so if you buy from ded. gluten-free facilities only, you'd want to skip this product line. I'm going to get the soup tomorrow and see how it is. I need it for green bean casserole but can anyone tell me how to fry up some onions like French's in the can?

The problem with this company is that you never get the same answer twice.

I had gone thru this with them in 2004 and have vowed not to buy their products

due to this.

So proceed with caution.

Guest nini

I've used their cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups... I agree through that they don't tend to give consistent answers when you contact them... but with the ingredient labeling law in effect, I tend toward trusting this particular product. And it's ok... it's not like Campbells cream of mushroom but it'll do.

I use Pamela's baking mix for breading. I've used it on fish and chicken successfully but I've never tried onions. Although I have been craving onion rings lately. (It's those darn Outback ads!) :lol:

3/4 c Pam's

1/4 c cornmeal

and a touch of whatever seasoning you like, paprika, S&P, Mrs Dash blend, etc.

Allrecipe.com has some adaptable onion casserole recipes.