Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksod

Help With My Results - Thanks In Advance!

I suspect that I have celiacs. I have had many symptoms and went to the doctor to get a blood test. My doctor agreed that I should have a blood test due to my symptoms but I don't think he was too familiar with all the specifics.

The results of my test came back as follows:

Anti gliadin (this is how it was spelled?) = 28 (I was told below 20 was negative, 20-30 was borderline and over 30 was positive)

Tissue transglutamienase (sp?) = 12

The note says I need to come back and repeat the tests (it has been 2 months since I got these tests)

Can someone help me understand these results and also what blood tests I should ask for specifically when I go back. I understand I may also need a biopsy at some point.

Thanks for your help,

Kelly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I did not do a blood test, but a fecal one, so the results may differ. But my test said that anything under 10 was normal for an Antigliadin Antibody. Now I'm curious to know if the numbers differ on the different tests.

1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts

1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill

2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned

2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms

6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis

8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

Guest Kathy Ann

I'm no expert on the blood tests. I did the enterolab stool tests for my diagnosis. But I just did an antitissue transglutaminase IgA blood test to see how I was doing. According to it, anything above 5 AU is considered positive.

If all these tests are the same, then at 12 you would definitely be positive for gluten problems.

I also don't believe in borderline when you are talking about gluten. If you're showing a gluten antibody response, then you ARE gluten sensitive. Whether or not you actually have celiac remains to be seen. But most of us here believe that celiac or gluten intolerance both mean essentially the same thing. Stay away from gluten for life. :)

Anti gliadin (this is how it was spelled?) = 28 (I was told below 20 was negative, 20-30 was borderline and over 30 was positive)

Tissue transglutamienase (sp?) = 12

You need to get the ranges that are specific for that lab to really know what these numbers mean.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.