Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anak

Xantham, Yeast, And Reactions?

My throat swells when I drink the Lactaid milk and when I chew the Lactaid tablets. I tried the Dairy-Ease milk but same problem. I found out that the commercial lactase is made using yeast and/or mold. Xantham gum is made from mold or cultured on corn as a mold. my stomach swells when I eat anything with xantham. Does this mean I have a yeast intolerance as well to go with my lactose intolerance and wheat/gluten intolerance? Is this why I just can't lose weight even when I have a clean diet and take my thryroid pills faithfully? My expensive digestive enzymes made my throat swell as well and they contain enzymes made using mold too. I am sitting here feeling that there is something stuck in my throat and I just drank a glass of Dairy-Ease. Any thoughts besides to stop drinking the darn stuff and switch back to soy even though soy is bad for my poor thyroid?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My throat swells when I drink the Lactaid milk and when I chew the Lactaid tablets. I tried the Dairy-Ease milk but same problem. I found out that the commercial lactase is made using yeast and/or mold. Xantham gum is made from mold or cultured on corn as a mold. my stomach swells when I eat anything with xantham. Does this mean I have a yeast intolerance as well to go with my lactose intolerance and wheat/gluten intolerance? Is this why I just can't lose weight even when I have a clean diet and take my thryroid pills faithfully? My expensive digestive enzymes made my throat swell as well and they contain enzymes made using mold too. I am sitting here feeling that there is something stuck in my throat and I just drank a glass of Dairy-Ease. Any thoughts besides to stop drinking the darn stuff and switch back to soy even though soy is bad for my poor thyroid?

The only thing I can comment on is thyroid. I took meds for years and finally discovered that iodine can interfere with the uptake. Maybe you are gaining weight because you are not getting it into your system. My thyroid tests were all over the board before I quit the iodine. Even though I took it as prescribed, sometimes the tests were high and sometimes low.

I don't drink milk substitutes because of the iodine content.

I think my throat does the same thing. It always feels swollen and clogged. Hard to swallow pills sometimes, brushing my teeth and I choke easily etc... sometimes can taste things from my throat. You get the picture. =p

Anyways, I was thinking maybe it was from the dairy. And I'm kinda a newb at this... but is yeast found in all dairy? I'll go google it later I suppose... and what about Xantham? what is that stuff? :P

has anyone had their throats clear up from eliminating dairy from their diet? also, doesn't dairy cause sinusitis? and why do humans even eat dairy... I mean it never made sense to me, it's milk from another species for crying out loud.

and yeah, I have sinusitis as well. but the doctor said it was minor. would eliminating dairy from my diet be worth a try? I was planning on it anyways.

"I have failed and that is why I succeed."