Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikki2003

Test Results

Hello. I have a question of some results and I hope you can help. I got copies of nicole's blood work and I don't really understand them

Alpha 1Antitrypsin Phenotype;

38mg/dl

normal: 76-190mg/dl

---------------------------------------------------------------

Immunoglobulin D:

<0.2mg/dl

normal: 1.0-7.4mg/dl

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti-Nuclear Ab:

DETECTED f

normal:( NONE DET)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Left Shift:

Present

normal: Absent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone knows what these mean please let me know.

Thanks

Celina

Nicole- 3 yrs old Positive Celiac Blood test- 6/21/2006 //// Normal result: <20,,,Nicole-80

Positive Biopsy for Celiac- 7/17/2006

Gluten-Free Since - 7/22/2006

Alivia- 7 years- old Positive Celiac blood test-Aug. 2006////Normal result:<4,,,Alivia-32.

Biopsy showed positive for Celiac Disease and moderate to severe damage (Blood Work for both girls were done in different labs that is why they are different)

Gluten free since:Dec.2006

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Nikki:

I don't know the answers for you as I am a older Celiac, but, this will bump it up for you to keep your thread current, and I will continue to do so until you have an answer.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I will talk with her ped on tuesday when my older daughter goes to see him.

Thanks

C

Nicole- 3 yrs old Positive Celiac Blood test- 6/21/2006 //// Normal result: <20,,,Nicole-80

Alivia- 7 years- old Positive Celiac blood test-Aug. 2006////Normal result:<4,,,Alivia-32.

Biopsy showed positive for Celiac Disease and moderate to severe damage (Blood Work for both girls were done in different labs that is why they are different)

Guest nini

I'm not familiar with those specific tests (other than the ANA) so unfortunately I don't have any insight for you. Just bumping too in case someone else knows something.

I don't know about these tests either, but you might want to ask them about the normal testing that is done and why it wasn't on her.

Ttg

IgG

IgA

and one I'm drawing a complete blank on right now......someone will add t, I'm sure.

She also needs to be checked for anemia

If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.

Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)

Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork

Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06

Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05

"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

I don't know about these tests either, but you might want to ask them about the normal testing that is done and why it wasn't on her.

Ttg

IgG

IgA

and one I'm drawing a complete blank on right now......someone will add t, I'm sure.

She also needs to be checked for anemia

She had those already and the biopsy and she does have celiac. But these tests the rheumatologist did,I am just trying to figure out their meaning.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with any of the tests but I found this at lab tests online for one of the tests run:

http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/an...ypsin/test.html

:)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Hello. I have a question of some results and I hope you can help. I got copies of nicole's blood work and I don't really understand them

Alpha 1Antitrypsin Phenotype;

38mg/dl

normal: 76-190mg/dl

---------------------------------------------------------------

Immunoglobulin D:

<0.2mg/dl

normal: 1.0-7.4mg/dl

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti-Nuclear Ab:

DETECTED f

normal:( NONE DET)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Left Shift:

Present

normal: Absent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone knows what these mean please let me know.

Thanks

Celina

I heard back from the rheumy. She said her ANA is slightly positive. And over 5% of patients with a + don't even have autoimmune disorders. But I then asked if she can explain what all her other symptoms that seemed like lupus symptoms. But we will see what she says. And the immunoglobulin they said it is ok to be low in kids with periodic fevers but I also asked if they tested for it or if she did. And the alpha 1 I guess was norm in june so she isn't concerned about that. So hopefully her next email will be a little more clear to me.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks