Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwaters800

Getting "zapped"

My 18-year-old son is recently diagenosed. He never had loose stools or lost weight. He did have muscle, joint, and stomach pain, plus many other symptoms. We do very well with his diet at home but I think he occasionally gets gluten while eating out. He went to Hooters with his brother 2 days ago and today he is achy and pale, but no stomach pain. Is it possible to have this type of less "normal" reaction? It seems that 6 times now, two days after eating out or going to a tailgate party, this has happened. Thank you and bless you for your help.

Ginny

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

YES!! When my daughter gets glutened, the first thing that happens is she gets dark circles under her eyes. For me, it's negative thinking and exhaustion. It's very common to have non-classic or less obvious symptoms with a glutening. Pale and achy would make me think he got glutened too.

I like your word though. Zapped is definitely how it feels.

Hope he feels better.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I have had very good luck with Triumph dining cards when going out to eat at new places! I know there are some free dining cards online somewhere... maybe he could try those!