Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prinsessa

Darker Stools When Glutened?

I was just wondering if anyone else has darker stools when glutened. Mine have never been light....they actually were a lot darker before going gluten free. And a lot of the time they don't float (sometimes they do though), but actually sink to the bottom of the toilet and stick there (hard to flush). I still feel a little strange talking about my BMs with people, but I don't know who else to ask. And I know you guys will understand ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My stools were never light. But they did stick to the side of the bowl. I think I saw somewhere something about fat malabsorption (therefore it ends up in your bowel movements) causing that, but I can't remember where I saw it. Mine aren't sticky anymore unless I'm glutened.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I'm still trying to figure this out too - Because my impression was that when i got glutened my stools were lighter (yellowish)... but lately I've been having clay-y (is that a word?) dark stools when I have GI distress. It could be dairy related rather than gluten, though (in my case)

*Gluten free since 7/06

*Cutting down on soy and dairy since 9/06