Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elonwy

Moving To San Francisco/bay Area

I just got back from SF today, they flew me up for 5 hours for the last portion of my flurry of interviews. I haven't been around cause I've been insanely busy dealing with the OMG New Job thing, and working my extra job to try to make moving money, so have been rediculously exhausted and antisocial for the last month.

This job is frakking AMAZING. Its about 1/3 of the work of my current job, for alot more money, with really cool people, in downtown San Francisco. My new office has a gigantic window. So I have two and a half weeks to pack and arrange all my stuff and move up. Luckily, I'm going to be temporarily staying with my new BF who lives in San Jose who has a gigantic garage to store my stuff in while apartment hunting on the West Peninsula.

OMG!!!!!! EEEEEKKKK!!!!! WHEEEEE!!!!!

Hi to all the SF people. I look forward to picking your brains for places to eat. I also look forward to hunting down Crave to buy a birthday cake, since my birthday is on the 17th, and I'll be celebrating it up there!!

Whoooohooooo!!!

I get to give notice to my old stinky job tomorrow. I can't wait.

Elonwy

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations on the new job, new life, new everything, and I'm happy for you to be able to leave your 'old, stinking job' behind. Hooray! I hope everything works out to be just perfect.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations!!! Your post makes me smile. It sounds like a bright new world has just opened for you. How exciting!!!

Congrats on the job. San Francisco is amazing, and it's especially wonderful for people with celiac. My boyfriend is originially from the bay area, so we spend a lot of time there visiting, and I have not had a single problem finding food there. I'm actually going for another 10 days over Thanksgiving. I can't wait because so many restaurants and stores there are extra gluten conscious.

Diagnosed July 2004

Congratulations!!!!

I'm envious! I <3 NorCal. :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I just got back from SF today, they flew me up for 5 hours for the last portion of my flurry of interviews. I haven't been around cause I've been insanely busy dealing with the OMG New Job thing, and working my extra job to try to make moving money, so have been rediculously exhausted and antisocial for the last month.

This job is frakking AMAZING. Its about 1/3 of the work of my current job, for alot more money, with really cool people, in downtown San Francisco. My new office has a gigantic window. So I have two and a half weeks to pack and arrange all my stuff and move up. Luckily, I'm going to be temporarily staying with my new BF who lives in San Jose who has a gigantic garage to store my stuff in while apartment hunting on the West Peninsula.

OMG!!!!!! EEEEEKKKK!!!!! WHEEEEE!!!!!

Hi to all the SF people. I look forward to picking your brains for places to eat. I also look forward to hunting down Crave to buy a birthday cake, since my birthday is on the 17th, and I'll be celebrating it up there!!

Whoooohooooo!!!

I get to give notice to my old stinky job tomorrow. I can't wait.

Elonwy

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting! We'll be neighbors, lol...I live about 50 miles south of SF. Don't get up there very often though so can't help with the eating thing, but just wanted to say congratulations and welcome up north, lol.

I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev