Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am trying to find a gluten, wheat and dairy free margerine. mainly for cooking. does anyone know of a good one, been searching but cant find one, by the way im in the uk so it has to be able to be sent overseas. thanx in advance for help.

am trying to find a gluten, wheat and dairy free margerine. mainly for cooking. does anyone know of a good one, been searching but cant find one, by the way im in the uk so it has to be able to be sent overseas. thanx in advance for help.

I don't know if this will help -

but due to my many food allergies

I use coconut oil (non-bleached

no Hexane) or olive oil (organic).

Taz--

If you're using it for cooking/baking, I'd suggest Spectrum Organic Shortening. It's unhydroganated palm oil, and works very well for baking.

Taz - you want the Pure in the yellow/ orange container. Tesco and Asda both sell it - I imagine Sainsbury's probably do too. Certainly health food shops will. I'm really fussy about the flavour of margarine (I only ever liked Flora or Clover) and I actually like this one. It's soy free too. :D

should also have said - it works well in cakes :D I haven't tried it in any other baking, but I expect it would do well.

I use Earth Balance or Soy Garden - both are vegan (therefore, casein-free), as well as gluten-free.