Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

I Just Got Back From Getting My Hair Done!

Now to go with your punk new hairdo where are your leather clothes? You will need those and multiple piercings, before you head out on the weekend to the rave and the mosh pit.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Quick, someone get her finger out of the electric socket!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Susie! Wonderful pic! Glad to finally see you!

Hugs

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Ah, c'mon, sure ya could....we have to practice because I'm serious about making this the new, "it" phrase for 2007. Along with meaning to fix one's hair, it could also refer to being lazy:

"They've gotta fire that guy. He just sits around, frisking the wookie all day"...

Or to being deceptive:

"She told me she's only forty, but hey, I know she's frisking the wookie"...

Or simply a handy, vague suggestive idiom:

"Hey, I feel a real connection with you. Wanna frisk the wookie?"

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: That's excellent!!

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Ah, c'mon, sure ya could....we have to practice because I'm serious about making this the new, "it" phrase for 2007. Along with meaning to fix one's hair, it could also refer to being lazy:

"They've gotta fire that guy. He just sits around, frisking the wookie all day"...

Or to being deceptive:

"She told me she's only forty, but hey, I know she's frisking the wookie"...

Or simply a handy, vague suggestive idiom:

"Hey, I feel a real connection with you. Wanna frisk the wookie?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes- this MUST be the new it phrase.

Suggestive:

"Did you notice Karen's new do? Looks like she was frisking the wookie last night big time!"

As a punishment:

"If you say that one more time, I'm gonna frisk your wookie young man!"

I am DYING HERE elye! Thank you for the laugh!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Yes- this MUST be the new it phrase.

Suggestive:

"Did you notice Karen's new do? Looks like she was frisking the wookie last night big time!"

As a punishment:

"If you say that one more time, I'm gonna frisk your wookie young man!"

I am DYING HERE elye! Thank you for the laugh!

I was thinking that maybe we could get Peter Gabriel to re-write Shock the Monkey and change it to Frisk the Wookie

"Woookiee, Frisk the WokieeEEEEE"

Wookies are kind of the "It's Pat" s of the sci-fi world...we're never told, but we assume it a "he" (how does one tell?) Maybe it was Han Solo's girlfriend? (wookiewoman?)

http://frozen.3fl.net/images/misc/wookie.jpg

Is that a purse or a wallet-on-a-chain?

http://brotherhoodofthesith.Lame Advertisement.com/...kie_Diagram.jpg

Coffee klatch or front seven of the all wookie football team?

http://www.brendanmckillip.com/blog/images...eFirstPitch.jpg

A League of Their Own or The Natural?

http://www.astralan.com/brows/Fark/wookie.jpg

Gentlewookies Prefer Blondes or George (of the jungle) Jones?

http://paulmccain.worldmagblog.com/paulmcc...ookie-thumb.jpg

Glamour shot or mug shot?

http://www.craftyjoe.com/catalog/images/ja...ooms_wookie.jpg

Maybe HE knows the difference!

http://re3.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/1021990813

Now we're getting somewhere!

http://www.willmcelwain.com/photos/me/thumbs/chewbacca.jpg

:huh::blink: ?

Still not sure :unsure:

I don't trust Wikpedia, but....

Chewbacca

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Star Wars character

Chewbacca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position General of the Republic in the Clone Wars, First Mate of the Millennium Falcon

Homeworld Kashyyyk

Species Wookiee Gender Male

Height 7ft 4 3/4 In (2.28 meters)[1]

Affiliation Galactic Republic, Rebel Alliance, New Republic

Portrayer Peter Mayhew

Chewbacca (or Chewie) (c. 200 BBY - c. 25 ABY), a fictional character of the Star Wars universe, is a 2.3 m (7.5 ft) tall Wookiee and co-pilot of Han Solo's ship, the Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca is the son of Attichitcuk, the husband of Mallatobuck, and the father of Lumpawarrump.

So what about yoda? :blink:

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

I was thinking that maybe we could get Peter Gabriel to re-write Shock the Monkey and change it to Frisk the Wookie

"Woookiee, Frisk the WokieeEEEEE"

Wookies are kind of the "It's Pat" s of the sci-fi world...we're never told, but we assume it a "he" (how does one tell?) Maybe it was Han Solo's girlfriend? (wookiewoman?)

http://frozen.3fl.net/images/misc/wookie.jpg

Is that a purse or a wallet-on-a-chain?

http://brotherhoodofthesith.Lame Advertisement.com/...kie_Diagram.jpg

Coffee klatch or front seven of the all wookie football team?

http://www.brendanmckillip.com/blog/images...eFirstPitch.jpg

A League of Their Own or The Natural?

http://www.astralan.com/brows/Fark/wookie.jpg

Gentlewookies Prefer Blondes or George (of the jungle) Jones?

http://paulmccain.worldmagblog.com/paulmcc...ookie-thumb.jpg

Glamour shot or mug shot?

http://www.craftyjoe.com/catalog/images/ja...ooms_wookie.jpg

Maybe HE knows the difference!

http://re3.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/1021990813

Now we're getting somewhere!

http://www.willmcelwain.com/photos/me/thumbs/chewbacca.jpg

:huh::blink: ?

Still not sure :unsure:

I don't trust Wikpedia, but....

Chewbacca

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Star Wars character

Chewbacca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position General of the Republic in the Clone Wars, First Mate of the Millennium Falcon

Homeworld Kashyyyk

Species Wookiee Gender Male

Height 7ft 4 3/4 In (2.28 meters)[1]

Affiliation Galactic Republic, Rebel Alliance, New Republic

Portrayer Peter Mayhew

Chewbacca (or Chewie) (c. 200 BBY - c. 25 ABY), a fictional character of the Star Wars universe, is a 2.3 m (7.5 ft) tall Wookiee and co-pilot of Han Solo's ship, the Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca is the son of Attichitcuk, the husband of Mallatobuck, and the father of Lumpawarrump.

So what about yoda? :blink:

Richard, stop friskin' everybody's wookie (here, an idiomatic expression meaning to cause explosive laughter on an online-forum)...

I'll have you know that I have already sent out a couple of test balloons in my travels this morning for my new mission. My kids were yelling at each other because they weren't giving each other enough room at the sink, and I came in with, "Hey! Cut that out, the both of you! Sounds like someone's frisking a wookie in here!" Blank stares...

Then, as I was racing out to my car, the mailman was walking up the drive. I met him, took my mail and noticed he had a cast on his wrist. I said, "Oh, dear. Don't tell me...were you frisking wookies?"

Another blank stare...

My husband just came home for a quick lunch, and I had to think fast. He mentioned that he hasn't heard from his mother in a while, and I said, "maybe she's frisked the wookie" (i.e., died, like, "bit the biscuit")...At least his stare was brief and not blank, because he seems to have grown accustomed to the...interesting...things I say.

Chewbacca was a male, for sure!

Yoda....hmmmm.....

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Richard, stop friskin' everybody's wookie (here, an idiomatic expression meaning to cause explosive laughter on an online-forum)...

I'll have you know that I have already sent out a couple of test balloons in my travels this morning for my new mission. My kids were yelling at each other because they weren't giving each other enough room at the sink, and I came in with, "Hey! Cut that out, the both of you! Sounds like someone's frisking a wookie in here!" Blank stares...

Then, as I was racing out to my car, the mailman was walking up the drive. I met him, took my mail and noticed he had a cast on his wrist. I said, "Oh, dear. Don't tell me...were you frisking wookies?"

Another blank stare...

My husband just came home for a quick lunch, and I had to think fast. He mentioned that he hasn't heard from his mother in a while, and I said, "maybe she's frisked the wookie" (i.e., died, like, "bit the biscuit")...At least his stare was brief and not blank, because he seems to have grown accustomed to the...interesting...things I say.

Yoda....hmmmm.....

Good for you!

I'd be careful what you say to Postal workers...short fuses and all :huh:

I'm not brave enough to use it at the office. I think I might get called into the boss's office for some 'splainin'. :huh:

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Another blank stare...

Yoda....hmmmm.....

Elye- You freaking killed me with this one. I COULD NOT stop laughing in the computer lab at school- so bad that I had to explain frisking the wookie to someone else who thought it was just as funny. By the time I walked into my third class, I was almost in hysterics. I ended up TELLING them about frisking the wookie and they LOVED it. One of them is going to put it on Facebook to get the word out. :ph34r:

The problem was they thought wookies were ewoks. Once I told them that Chewie was a wookie they thought it was evn funnier. it's been a very long PUNCHY day, but the word is out.

Sing to the tune of "Don't Give up on us baby" by David Soul.... "Don't Go frisking the wookie" :D

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Sing to the tune of "Don't Give up on us baby" by David Soul.... "Don't Go frisking the wookie" :D

LMAO! :D

Hutch sings the Wookie song!

Ewoks :angry: The ultimate star wars sell out :ph34r:

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

OMG check this out....someone else actually says "frisk the wookie"

http://sweetjelly.com/blog/comments.php?id=562_0_1_0_C

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

:lol::lol: Word gets out fast....

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

It looks more like orange-shirt-guy is doing the Wookie-Pokey :P (he puts his left arm in, he puts his left arm out...)

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

This may be one of the few days I want to go in to work just so I can use the phrase Frisk the Wookie! I think my coworkers will appreciate it- I know it made my day.

diagnosed 1/04 endoscopy; gluten-free ever since!

I actually told that orange-shirted guy about our new phrase-coining project, and he actually went out to find some sort of Chewbacca figure somewhere that he could frisk in front of thousands, to really get the expression going. Now, what else can we do? I've approached my nine and thirteen-year olds, and really got stares from them. Could we somehow sneak this expression into an upcoming presidential speech? Anyone know any of the Capitol Hill speech writers? Then MILLIONS would hear it.

"Not only are we gonna smoke 'em out, we are gonna frisk Osama's wookie, I'll tell you that".

That's got a great ring to it. :)

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Didn't Jane Goodall study wookies in the natural. Bet she was frisked. Bless her soul. :blink:

Frisking at home.......Jim is doing the "wookie dance" as he just gave me pots and pans for my birthday.

Hummmmm ;)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I actually told that orange-shirted guy about our new phrase-coining project, and he actually went out to find some sort of Chewbacca figure somewhere that he could frisk in front of thousands, to really get the expression going. Now, what else can we do? I've approached my nine and thirteen-year olds, and really got stares from them. Could we somehow sneak this expression into an upcoming presidential speech? Anyone know any of the Capitol Hill speech writers? Then MILLIONS would hear it.

"Not only are we gonna smoke 'em out, we are gonna frisk Osama's wookie, I'll tell you that".

That's got a great ring to it. :)

This looks like a job for Dan Quayle - just don't ask him to spell wookie :P

Didn't Jane Goodall study wookies in the natural. Bet she was frisked. Bless her soul. :blink:

Frisking at home.......Jim is doing the "wookie dance" as he just gave me pots and pans for my birthday.

Hummmmm ;)

HAPPY Birthday to BOTH of YOU! ;)

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

HAPPY BIRHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now darn it, in celebration, have yourself a couple of stiff drinks and frisk on down, frisk on down that Wookie!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

HAPPY BIRHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now darn it, in celebration, have yourself a couple of stiff drinks and frisk on down, frisk on down that Wookie!

"Frisky" today, eh? :P

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Ha ha :) Reminds me of Something about Mary!

~~~~~~~

Jen

Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005

dairy-free

Ha ha :) Reminds me of Something about Mary!

Ewwwwwwwww :blink:

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac