Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

I Just Got Back From Getting My Hair Done!

A frisky wookie....that conjures up very disturbing mind pictures. Thank heavens that George Lucas et al never decided to explore that kind of storyline. Some love scenes just shouldn't take place. :o

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

A frisky wookie....that conjures up very disturbing mind pictures. Thank heavens that George Lucas et al never decided to explore that kind of storyline. Some love scenes just shouldn't take place. :o

But then we're left with no explanation for karen's hair :(

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

Karen, this has been a MAJOR highjack, and I have to apologise...Okay, let's tie together this incredible avatar Karen has treated us to with our new phrase. I did allude to the kitten looking like it had just frisked a wookie. I'm afraid that's the best I can do.

One more thing...Richard, I must share with you that when I read your last post, "that doesn't explain Karen's hair", I didn't at first realize that you meant our Canadian Karen. I thought you were talking about Princess Leah (and I thought "Karen" was perhaps another character name for her)...I thought you were suggesting that Carrie Fisher's interesting hair style in that movie may be connected with Chewbacca...being frisky...or something... :rolleyes:

But now I understand! It's OUR Karen, and her avatar!

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

Karen, this has been a MAJOR highjack, and I have to apologise...Okay, let's tie together this incredible avatar Karen has treated us to with our new phrase. I did allude to the kitten looking like it had just frisked a wookie. I'm afraid that's the best I can do.

One more thing...Richard, I must share with you that when I read your last post, "that doesn't explain Karen's hair", I didn't at first realize that you meant our Canadian Karen. I thought you were talking about Princess Leah (and I thought "Karen" was perhaps another character name for her)...I thought you were suggesting that Carrie Fisher's interesting hair style in that movie may be connected with Chewbacca...being frisky...or something... :rolleyes:

But now I understand! It's OUR Karen, and her avatar!

Call George Lucas - I think you've come up with the premise for episode 7! It'd be more Desperate Housewives than Revenge of the Sith (with Leah cheating on Han Solo with his wookie buddy :o )

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Talk about eeeeewwwwwww......!

Princess Leah with Chewbacca....in that way....again, eeeewwwwwwww!

Maybe that already was a subtle, underlying theme in the first movies. I must look at them again, and watch how those two interact. A furtive glance across the spaceship control room...

Emily

Talk about eeeeewwwwwww......!

Princess Leah with Chewbacca....in that way....again, eeeewwwwwwww!

Maybe that already was a subtle, underlying theme in the first movies. I must look at them again, and watch how those two interact. A furtive glance across the spaceship control room...

Double ewwww.... although Carrie Fisher does seem particularly open-minded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Let's face it - we all know Karen is particularly good at frisking the wookie- and wookies DO like their alotoids! :ph34r:

HI JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where've you been? Missed you!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

I just came across these paparazzi shots of Karen at the hairstylist getting her hair done!

Check it out! HERE :blink::huh::o

and HERE

and HERE TOO!

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Guest melannen
I just came across these paparazzi shots of Karen at the hairstylist getting her hair done!

Check it out! HERE :blink::huh::o

and HERE

and HERE TOO!

OMG I almost died laughing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The first one is my favorite :D

LMAO! :lol:

The third guy DOES NOT look impressed!!!!! LOL!

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

OMG Richard, I am still laughing. I liked all 3, but I agree with Karen that the 3rd guy does not look inpressed at all.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

The third guy looked like a bruiser!!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

The third guy looked like a bruiser!!

It took me a moment to figure out what I was looking at when I first saw the picture. WHO DOES THAT TO THEIR CAT?!! :huh:

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Again.....

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :blink::lol:

Emily