Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corkdarrr

Vitamins And Supplements

Okay, so I use the NatureMade vitamins and a few of the Natrol supplements. I like both these brands because they clearly state what they don't contain (for example my NatureMade magnesium):

No articifical colors, no artificial flavors, no preservatives, no chemical solvents, yeast, starch or gluten

My 5HTP from Natrol states:

No yeast, wheat, corn, milk, egg, soy, glutens, artificial colors or flavors, added sugars or preservatives.

See, that's what we want. Nice, clear, obvious labeling.

But now I'm doing this whole dairy thing, too. So if the label doesn't specifically say no dairy in it, am I to assume that there is? Because otherwise wouldn't they go ahead and nip it in the bud?

My Magnesium contains:

magnesium oxide, cellulose gel, croscarmellose sodium and magnesium stearate.

Vitamin D contains:

calcium carbonate, cellulose gel, stearic acid, acacia, maltodextrin, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, corn starch (boo!) and vitamin D3

I don't know if Natrol makes these - at least my Walgreens doesn't carry them in their vitamin/supplement section.

Anyone?

Thanks

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No one?

C'moooooooooon. Surely, with the wealth of knowledge here somebody knows...

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

I wouldn't assume it didn't have dairy if it wasn't marked as such. To be safe, I would call and ask.

I would imagine that every company has their own policy on this kind of thing :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev