Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

floridanative

Need Somewhere To Eat In Gainesville Fl

We'll be stopping over in G'ville one night on the way to Orlando for a trade show. We have to see DH's family and we always meet one group at Hops. I'd be open to trying another place if anyone has any ideas. I can get a bunless burger and baked potato at Hops and tell them how to prepare it but I'd rather have something tastier if there is a really good Celiac friendly place in town. I know as of three months ago, there wasn't even a support group there since that's where I thought to ask in the first place. Help. Also, I should mention we can't go too high brow.....DH's family members wont' be dressed for it.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There's a pan-asian place called Chopstix that does sushi and various asian things -- I've had takeout sushi there and used my restaurant card -- they've even got packets of gluten free soy sauce!

There's an excellent Indian place way up in the north end of town called Chutnees -- I haven't eaten there since my diagnosis, but Indian food is generally pretty celiac friendly and the owner/chef is extremely conscientious. This is the next place I'm planning to go out to eat.

Other than that, I haven't really been eating out at all since I'm still healing and haven't really wanted to take any risks. There's also an Outback and a Carrabas on Archer Road near where Hops is.

eleep

Erica

Inconclusive blood test results

Positive Enterolab results

Positive dietary results

gluten-free since 2/10/06

There's a pan-asian place called Chopstix that does sushi and various asian things -- I've had takeout sushi there and used my restaurant card -- they've even got packets of gluten free soy sauce!

There's an excellent Indian place way up in the north end of town called Chutnees -- I haven't eaten there since my diagnosis, but Indian food is generally pretty celiac friendly and the owner/chef is extremely conscientious. This is the next place I'm planning to go out to eat.

Other than that, I haven't really been eating out at all since I'm still healing and haven't really wanted to take any risks. There's also an Outback and a Carrabas on Archer Road near where Hops is.

Thanks eleep.....I totally forgot about Carraba's which will be perfect for our group. They are big on 'ethnic' fare which is why we always go to Hops. But they can do Italian so that'll work! Thanks again.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06