• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

kelliac

gluten-free Bakery/baked Goods In Port St. Lucie, Florida

Rate this topic

Looking for a good bakery that sells gluten-free cookies, brownies and the like in Port St. Lucie, Florida area. Even stores that are not specifically gluten-free that have gluten-free selections would be great. Thanks so much in advance!

Not very many places around that sells good bakery items. They all basically stink, in my opinion. :angry: But there's two health food stores, Nature's Den in PSL that has some gluten-free items. (I forget. don't know if there are that many gluten-free bakery premade items, but a couple of mixes) and Pamela's Health food store which I haven't been to in ages. Do you know where either of the 2 Stuart Fine Foods are?? They have a little section where they sell some gluten-free pasta (though not the kind I buy) Some gluten-free cookies (pre-made in bag) and some bread mixes and such. I didn't know of that many Celiacs in PSL!! No celiacs from here seem to be on this website. I live in Stuart. :)

Not very many places around that sells good bakery items. They all basically stink, in my opinion. :angry: But there's two health food stores, Nature's Den in PSL that has some gluten-free items. (I forget. don't know if there are that many gluten-free bakery premade items, but a couple of mixes) and Pamela's Health food store which I haven't been to in ages. Do you know where either of the 2 Stuart Fine Foods are?? They have a little section where they sell some gluten-free pasta (though not the kind I buy) Some gluten-free cookies (pre-made in bag) and some bread mixes and such. I didn't know of that many Celiacs in PSL!! No celiacs from here seem to be on this website. I live in Stuart. :)

thank you. just wondering where to find brownies and cupcakes already made (not packaged for grocery but for a bakery type setting). best friend has a place in PSL and she's heading there in January. Everytime she goes she misses her baked goods. I saw a Whole Foods listed in PBG. Their gluten-free listing has their bakery department with gluten-free brownies etc. Have you tried them? Just wondering how "real" they seem. Thanks again.

yeah, I go to the Whole Foods in PBG. No, I haven't tried the brownies. There's a Nutrition World (another health food store) right down the street near Marshalls and next to C.R Chicks. (C.R. Chicks is gluten free and sooo good!!!!) I get all my bagels and crackers at Nutrition World. I get Glutino brand bagels. Delicious!!

yeah, I go to the Whole Foods in PBG. No, I haven't tried the brownies. There's a Nutrition World (another health food store) right down the street near Marshalls and next to C.R Chicks. (C.R. Chicks is gluten free and sooo good!!!!) I get all my bagels and crackers at Nutrition World. I get Glutino brand bagels. Delicious!!

I am going to Port St. Lucie next month for thanksgiving with the family... what is PBG?

I am relocating to PSL in May 2008 and will be working for a Gastroenterologist. I personally suffer from Celiac Disease and Lactose Intolerance. I will be contacting the Saint Lucie Medical Center with regards to forming a Celiac Disease support group. We have one here in Reading, PA and we meet once every 3 months. We have guest speakers, which include physicians, researchers and sponsors from local health food stores that bring gluten and dairy free foods to sample at each meeting. Also there are many food items for purchase. I will update this message board when I have more details regarding the support group. Please feel free to contact me at watssup1@aol.com in the meantime.

thank you. just wondering where to find brownies and cupcakes already made (not packaged for grocery but for a bakery type setting). best friend has a place in PSL and she's heading there in January. Everytime she goes she misses her baked goods. I saw a Whole Foods listed in PBG. Their gluten-free listing has their bakery department with gluten-free brownies etc. Have you tried them? Just wondering how "real" they seem. Thanks again.

I don't know the area but I was just going to mention if there is a Whole Foods there, or near by, you could get the the Gluten Free Bakehouse items, I see you had the same idea :lol:

My Whole Foods keep all of their Gluten Free Bakehouse baked goods in the freezer to extend shelf life, I don't know if that is the same for all Whole Food stores?? So if that is the case you do have to let them thaw, but it's worth it for some fresh tasting "home made" baked goods.

I have had the brownies before, I thought they were very good, they do have soy flour in them however so I can no longer eat them.

Hello! My name is Carolanne...and I've lived in Florida for over 20 years. I am a Celiac, and I've been Wheat-Free for 20 years, and Gluten-Free for over 3 years. I'm trying to locate people who live Gluten Free here in Florida...and it's not been easy. Most of the links I've found have been disconnected or discontinued...and I'm having a devil of time finding people to connect to. I'd really like to find others who are interested in getting together...and I understand that I am not alone. I've read several posts from people looking for help, Doctors, restaurants, support groups, meetups and such here in Florida.

GlutenFreeInFlorida-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I've created a Yahoo Group in the hopes of connecting with other people here in the Sunshine State...and to help others connect as well. I'd like to know if anyone is interested in something that will enable you to contact others in your own local area. I'd like to make more information available to people who are living Gluten-Free in Florida.