Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

has anyone had a bad reaction to the regular Ruffles potato chips?

I just had some and now i feel oh so so so bad!

help!

No, Ruffles are safe. I've heard they're even made in a dedicated facility, yet I've never confirmed it myself. Maybe the grease was causing a problem? Or maybe it was something else.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Actually, I called recently and checked--the Ruffles (both the Regular and the Natural) are not made on dedicated lines. Only the Staxx are made on dedicated gluten-free lines.

I had begun to have problems with them, and wondered about that myself. I really miss them--they're so good :(

Like Carla said--it could be the grease, or it could be CC.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Guest cassidy

I haven't tried ruffles but I reacted to Lay's baked chips and I know at least someone else here did as well. I only eat the Stax and they have been fine.

Lays products have always been a mainstay for me - as long as an item was on their gluten-free list, I ate it. Sometimes when traveling that would be the only thing I could find at a convenience store, airport, etc.

But then I recently checked their website and saw the disclaimer that although they have many products that are naturally gluten-free, they cannot guarantee since the only dedicated gluten-free line is the Stax. However, they do state that they make every effort to clean machines in between, etc.

I am trying to avoid - but not eliminate - all of their products except Stax. I do not want to completely give up Tostitos or Ruffles. Until I am told that they have MAJOR cross-contamination issues, I will keep on eating them on occasion.

Tracy

Tracy

- Dx by Derm with DH in Oct 2005 - both by bloodwork and skin biopsy.

- Dx with celiac disease in Nov 2005 by biopsy of small intestine.

- gluten-free since Oct 2005

I only eat the Natural Ruffles ... since I've gotten used to the flavor of the ones made in the better oil, I just don't like the others anymore. I've never had a problem with them.

gluten-free 12/05

i sure hope that all it was is the greese, i love those chips :)

I could be wrong but i thought that a while ago a lot of people were having trouble with the stax?

I havent eaten any since seeing those posts. are the dedicated lines new?

thanks!

i sure hope that all it was is the greese, i love those chips :)

I could be wrong but i thought that a while ago a lot of people were having trouble with the stax?

I havent eaten any since seeing those posts. are the dedicated lines new?

thanks!

Stax are contaminated with dairy, not gluten.

gluten-free 12/05