Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elfkin

Substitute For Cream Of Chicken Soup?

As the holidays approach I feel a craving for some of the dishes we used to make that also contain cream of chicken soup. Does anyone know a good way to substitute, where to buy gluten-free Cream of chicken, OR how to make your own? I am open to any option.

Thanks!

Mother to Whit (celiac and food allergies diagosed 11/04, gluten-free ever since), Addie (gluten intolerant - gluten-free since 1/06) and wife to Tim (celiac and gluten-free since 1/06)

Gluten free/Peanut/Nut free house!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I eat Health Valley cream of chicken soup regularly and haven't had any problems. It's organic and all ingredients are clearly listed. I usually get it at Wild Oats or Whole Foods.

Joe B, Connecticut

Diagnosed April, 2005

Thank you so much! Just what I needed to know! :D

Mother to Whit (celiac and food allergies diagosed 11/04, gluten-free ever since), Addie (gluten intolerant - gluten-free since 1/06) and wife to Tim (celiac and gluten-free since 1/06)

Gluten free/Peanut/Nut free house!

There is also a recipe in one of the Bettye Hagman books. Its in The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods. You can also use it to make mushroom soup, tomato soup and cream sauce and cheese sauce for veggies.