• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Fiddle-Faddle

Krispy Kreme, Move Over!

Rate this topic

YAY finally!!!!

Guest AutumnE

YUM!

Just what I have been looking for, instead of cutting out the holes Im making them creme filled! My daughter has been asking for donuts lately I cant wait to make these for her.

Thanks!

I saw that recipe elsewhere so I printed for future reference but I actually made gluten free funnel cakes last weekend and they turned out awesome. On the site www.recipezaar.com you can just type in gluten free funnel cakes and it will come up. Someone on our Celiac meetup.com board posted it for us. The only thing I'd do different is add some oil to the batter to make it greasy like the original kind. It was fried but really not greasy like you would expect. I loaded mine down with powdered sugar and went to town. Then I could barely eat any dinner that night :lol::lol::lol: .

p.s. I used GFP flour mix instead of Bob's Red Mill which it called for.

THESE LOOK SO GOOD.

I JUST FOUND SOME DONUT, MUFFIN ETC PANS IN A CATALOG THAT WAS PRETTY CHEAP.

WILL SEE IF I CAN FIND THEM. THOUGHT I COULD DO THE DONUTS/FILLING AND ALSO A SMALL HAMB BUN WITH THE GOOD EATZ FLOUR. GUESS YOU BAKE THESE WILL DOUBLE CK ALL BEFORE ADDING.

WILL TRY TO FIND THE CATALOG

JUDY

They do look amazing.

My only concern with the site is that several of the recipes include soy sauce, and also bullion cubes... with no explantion about Tamari as an alternative, or making sure that your bullion cubes are gluten-free... and for those like me who are just starting out, if I hadn't done the research already I would implicitly trust a site that says it is gluten-free. Same with the Rice Crispy treat, if I didn't know I would just use Rice Krispies thinking, well it is rice right?

I have already e-mailed them my concerns, but I wanted to post it as well..

They do look amazing.

My only concern with the site is that several of the recipes include soy sauce, and also bullion cubes... with no explantion about Tamari as an alternative, or making sure that your bullion cubes are gluten-free... and for those like me who are just starting out, if I hadn't done the research already I would implicitly trust a site that says it is gluten-free. Same with the Rice Crispy treat, if I didn't know I would just use Rice Krispies thinking, well it is rice right?

I have already e-mailed them my concerns, but I wanted to post it as well..

Excellent point!

I guess they didn't think it was a good point.. here was their response:

"Thanks for writing. La Choy Soy Sauce and several store brand soy sauces are gluten-free at my local grocery stores. Yes, many bouillons contain gluten and several do not. I have chosen not to put the words gluten-free in front of ingredient such as these in my recipes because if I started doing that, I wouldn’t know where to stop. I expect gluten intolerant people (including newbies) to read the ingredient labels of all processed foods they use."