• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Corkdarrr

Ingredient Changes

Rate this topic

Boo! :angry:

I was just at the store to pick up some more of the Shiitake Ginger marinade/dressing - which I also got my best friend hooked on. As we were walking down the aisle he happened to flip the bottle over....low and behold, they've changed their ingredients to now include wheat (and soy). We looked at a few other bottles and when I got home I looked at the one I have left in the fridge just to confirm.

So, just a warning. I'm GLAD I've trained such good label readers around me - I would'nt have even noticed! And a friendly reminder to always read the ingredients, even if you've been buying the product for years. Companies do stupid things. (And I just finished an email to them describing why it was stupid!)

Stupid Chef Drew...tasted fine without the wheat in it to me....

Courtney

I didn't check all of them. But the two or three bottles I picked up at the grocery store and spot checked had all been changed. And on the back where it used to say Gluten-Free along with all its other merits, it just says Sugar Free.

Whoop-dee-friggin-doo. Sugar free. That's what I'M looking for in a product...

No response yet from the email.

Now I'm thorougly confused. I just received a reply from ChefDrew about their ingredient changes...who says there haven't been any ingredient changes? I wrote back and asked if perhaps they had recently changed labeling policies because I KNOW the ingredients listed were different. (I also thanked them for being so prompt and clear about which products contain gluten as it seems companies aren't always so good about that) Anyways, here's their reply. And lonewolf, you're all good 'cuz the Caeser is still gluten-free.

Hello Courtney,

First let me apologize for the gluten that is in some of Drew's All

Natural products. However, Chef Drew has not changed any his recipes

since he had started the company. There are five out of our nineteen

flavors that contain Wheat and Gluten and they are:

~Thai Sesame Lime

~Sesame Orange

~Soy-Ginger

~Shiitake Ginger

~Lemon Tahini Goddess

I hope you will change your mind about using Drew's because the other

flavors Chef Drew offers are Wheat and Gluten free, have low sodium, and

all but two are vegan and Dairy Free. They are:

~Buttermilk Ranch (not dairy free)

~Honey Dijon

~Raspberry

~Rosemary Balsamic

~Roasted Garlic & Peppercorn

~Romano Caesar (not dairy free)

~Garlic Italian

~Smoked Tomato

~Kalamata Olive & Caper

~Organic Mild Salsa

~Organic Medium Salsa

~Organic Hot Salsa

~Organic Double Fire Roasted Salsa

~Organic Chipotle Lime Salsa

We hope that you will reconsider dropping Drew's out of your system as

in the future we are looking for ways to make all of our products Wheat

& Gluten free and your feedback and comments are welcomed and

appreciated. Thank you Courtney and I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

Nora Tully

Inside Sales Representative

Drew's All Natural

P# 800-228-2980

F# 413-773-0003

nora@chefdrew.com

www.chefdrew.com

..And their response. Seriously - incredibly impressed with their timeliness! Of course this means that apparently I've been glutening myself for months...

Hello again Courtney,

It is my understanding (after just researching this), that the labeling

process for Drew's (and many other companies) have changed the

requirements. What you are seeing is on the older label it is

specifically stating what the benefits of the product are, such as Dairy

Free, Wheat & Gluten Free, etc. Now the labels are required to say what

the product contains and free of, for ex: this product contains egg and

soy, etc. Therefore you are probably reading the old label in the store

and what you have in your fridge is a different one or vise versa. I

apologize for the confusion and misleading of the products. I am

attaching some forms that will help you to understand the benefits,

ingredient listing and the nutritional information of Drew's. Again I

apologize the inconvenience and if you have any other questions please

feel free to email/call me anytime. Thanks Courtney.

Best,

Nora Tully

Inside Sales Representative

Drew's All Natural

P# 800-228-2980

F# 413-773-0003

nora@chefdrew.com

www.chefdrew.com

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• June 19, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.

• July 08, 2019 Until July 09, 2019
      14th Euro-Global Gastroenterology Conference happening in Zürich, Switzerland during July 08-09, 2019. We are expecting more than 300 attendees representing from more than 40 countries who would be sharing their experiences and expertise around the world Theme: “Future Perspectives and shaping trends in Gastroenterology”
      You may learn more about our congress by visiting our website: https://europegastroenterology.gastroconferences.com/
      Tracks
      Microbiota and diseases|Acid Related Diseases|Helicobacter Pylori Treatment|Therapeutics targeting Microbioma|Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics in Gastroenterology|Inflammatory Bowel Diseases|Clinical Advances in Liver Diseases|Gastrointestinal Disorders and Drug Delivery|Obesity and Treatments|Gastrointestinal Pathology|Neuro Gastroenterology and Motility disorders|Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition|Gallbladder and biliary tract Diseases|Latest advances in Gastroenterology treatments|Endoscopic Innovations in Gastroenterology and surgery|Clinical and Radiographic Gastrointestinal Abnormalities|Functional GI Disorders|Changing Trends in Etiology of Liver diseases|Epigenetics of gastrointestinal diseases|Bariatric Surgery|Gastrointestinal Radiology and Imaging|Developing treatment for Viral Hepatitis and Fibrosis of Liver|Emerging Trends in Clinical Research of Liver diseases|Hepatitis B treatment Patterns|Therapies in Pancreatic cancer|Diabetes and hepatocellular carcinoma|Intestinal Metaproteomics and Type 1 Diabetes
      Conference Benefits
      ·         CME Credits  
      ·         CPD Credits
      ·         Research publication in proceeding book
      ·         Abstract publication in associated online journal
      ·         DOI by Cross-Ref
      ·         Online speaker webpage
      ·         Workshops and Symposium
      ·         Certificate for participation and attendance
      ·         Young Researchers Forum and Posters Award for Students
      ·         B2b and Networking meetings

Program Director
      Sophia Williams
      Gastroenterology 2019 | Zürich | Switzerland
      conferenceseries.com https://europegastroenterology.gastroconferences.com/
      E-mail: williams.sophiaa@yandex.com
      Whatsapp us : +442382146717