• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

prinsessa

Trader Joe's Didn't Change Wrong Label

Rate this topic

I posted a while back about Trader Joes having labeled Puffins as gluten free when they aren't. I know one kind is gluten free (Honey rice I think.....DS loves this cereal), but they don't even sell that flavor there. I told the manager about it and he thanked me and told me he would look into it. I go to Trader Joes yesterday and they still have the sign up saying "Gluten Free". I don't know who to go to next since the manager obviously forgot or thought I was wrong. I don't want anyone to buy them thinking they are gluten free. I know Trader Joes is ususally good about labeling things, but this makes me doubt them. Should I e-mail or write to the store to remind them?

I had the exact same experience here in Ohio!! I politely explained to the manager (who pointed out that particular item as a gluten-free item) that wheat free and gluten free aren't the same and why. I haven't been back to see if they are still marked that way though.