• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest ~jules~

Raiding The Kids Candy Bags!

Rate this topic

Guest ~jules~

First of all happy halloween everyone! This is my first year with celiac, every year I raid the kids candy bags after they go to bed (they don't need all that anyways!!! :P ) Could someone please just throw out some candy bars or other little tid bits that are known to be okay for us? Let me pick your brain! So far I know I am safe with the kraft caramels and hersheys chocolate, there has to be more????

Guest ~jules~
That sounds like enough to me! For your kids sake, I'm not telling!!! :lol:

Hey! Man no fair!!! Well at least I wont be able to take all the good pickings this year, just the duds...lol....

Hey! Man no fair!!! Well at least I wont be able to take all the good pickings this year, just the duds...lol....

Hershey's and carmels sound like the good pickings to me!!! I can't have either because of the dairy!!!

What are your favorites? If you post them, then we can tell you.

Guest ~jules~
Hershey's and carmels sound like the good pickings to me!!! I can't have either because of the dairy!!!

Ohh jeez sorry bout the dairy thing that stinks....Well My fav''s are almond joy, peanut butter cups, peanut m&m's, and snickers....I've mourned my twix, and kit kat for almost 3 months now, I have to be able to have one of these others :unsure:

What about Laffy Taffy and Bottle Caps, lol I was just debating the same thing....what can I nab out of the candy jar! Be careful about the mini size hersheys bars....I think I have read on here before they are not safe.

Actually I just went to the teenagers only section, lol....I"m far from a teen but I just knew they would have the answer and voila!!! There is a giant list in one of the threads that is about safe candy. Happy raiding everyone. Good news for the Almond Joy and Bottle cap lovers out there...apparently they are safe! Hee hee

Candy list

Ohh jeez sorry bout the dairy thing that stinks....Well My fav''s are almond joy, peanut butter cups, peanut m&m's, and snickers....I've mourned my twix, and kit kat for almost 3 months now, I have to be able to have one of these others :unsure:

GLUTANO MAKES A KIT-KAT BAR CLONE!!!!!!IT'S CALLED A BREAK BAR, AND IT TASTES EXACTLY LIKE A KIT-KAT!!!!!!!!!!

Laffy Taffy is safe.

almond joy is safe

Reeses peanut butter cups are safe

peanut m&m's are safe

snickers are safe (as long as they are not poppables)

Things in my candy bowl are (all gluten-free) :

baby ruth's

Three Muskateers

Hersheys Chocolate Bars

5th Avenues

Tootsie Rolls

Pop Rocks

Junior Mints

M &M's

Snickers Almond

Lifesaver Gummies

Russell Stover Buzzard Nests

Act II Popcorn Balls

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

Happy Halloween everybody!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I am so jealous! Look at all the yummy candies you get to eat!

Boy do I miss chocolate. It's making me a grumpy halloween-er. :D

Enjoy your yummy candies for me!

Guest dreams25

Hi Guys,

Happy Halloween to you all ..

Here in Australia we cant eat m&ms or snickers cause they contain gluten dont understand why things like that vary from country to country there are other things also i've read on here only to find out there not gluten free here... sigh... sorry just having a whinge....

:(

Guest ~jules~

Thanks to all, I found this very helpful. I found out I'm not allergic to my favorite candy bar :blink: I never eat candy, but when the holidays come around watch out here she comes.......

Thanks to all, I found this very helpful. I found out I'm not allergic to my favorite candy bar :blink: I never eat candy, but when the holidays come around watch out here she comes.......

So, what is your favorite candy bar?

I just enjoyed some gluten-free/casein-free chocolate from Wild Oats!!

Guest ~jules~
So, what is your favorite candy bar?

I just enjoyed some gluten-free/casein-free chocolate from Wild Oats!!

The almond joy, ahhhhh tasty.....

The almond joy, ahhhhh tasty.....

I always wondered who liked those. :P My daughter likes Mounds ... I always thought both of them were gross. Give me a carmel, Butterfinger, or Heath any day!!

Guest nini

I'm eating my Break Bar right now!!! My daughter's bag of candy she lucked out with mostly safe stuff...and I traded her out for the unsafe stuff... (daddy took all the gluten...) So I saw the Kit Kat and started to cry then I remembered I had Break Bars hidden in the fridge! LOL!

A Halloween story!!!!

Grandkids out treat or treating , ages 8 & 5. The five year old goes first & the lady hands him a pkg. of peanut butter crackers. He says" Oh I can't have these because they have wheat in them". The lady looked at him in a rude way & says "Oh no they don't ,its a cracker"!!!!!He then turns to us & shakes his head & tells her that crackers are made from wheat! She comes back with "NO HONEY" they are made from flour!!!!!!!!!!!DUH!!! At this point we told him to take the crackers & Daddy would eat them.

We have been teaching him to look at food & try to read the label for certain words.It's pretty bad when a kid knows what flour comes from & an adult doesn't... We really never thought he would refuse any halloween stuff so we were totaly shocked when he went into the discussion about wheat.

I guess our lessons on Wheat have really been tattooed into his brain.... Now if only the older one can get it & not try to cheat at school!!!!!

I think he would have argued the wheat /flour issue all night...When we got home & was sorting good & bad treats he started to laugh when we got to the crackers...Then he said " I don't think she was a very smart lady"... Out of the mouths of babes...... I really wanted to agree...

mamaw

When we got home & was sorting good & bad treats he started to laugh when we got to the crackers...Then he said " I don't think she was a very smart lady"... Out of the mouths of babes...... I really wanted to agree...

mamaw

That is soooooo cute!!! I think I would get along great with this little one!! haha :lol: Thanks for sharing that story. It made my day!!

-Jessica :rolleyes: