• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

AmandaD

In Case This Helps

Rate this topic

HI guys.

Well I had my appointment with allergy yesterday and they checked me for all dairy allergies and a host of legumes and nuts, soy, coffee, etc...and I'm allergic to - NADA! Nothing.

Anyways, I talked to the doc about occasional bowel troubles on this diet and he mentioned a couple of things...a) loose stools on occasion can yes, be due to a glutening, but also the brain and gut are connected and that it can be nerves essentially B) your bowels are also affected by your hormones and that c) it can take a while for the celiac gut to heal - just a standard gastritis infection can take about 6 weeks - so he said sometimes certain combinations of foods can just simply not sit right with the celiac.

Just thought that was intriguing.

A

Wonderful information to know! I have spent a couple of days thinking about how I tend to get completly wrapped up in EVERYTHING being celiac related. Any food can cause D or C or even gas especially when you already have a sore gut I think we sometimes forget that.

Amy - I've totally gotten obsessed lately with my damn celiac and EVERYTHING being related. And my allergist jsut kind of put some of that stuff in perspective.

I have to keep reminding myself and reminding myself to slow down...

Guest melannen

Yeah sometimes we forget that there are other things that can cause our same gluten symptoms. I for one am always jumping to that conclusion when I'm not feeling too hot :rolleyes::)

Amy - I've totally gotten obsessed lately with my damn celiac and EVERYTHING being related. And my allergist jsut kind of put some of that stuff in perspective.

I have to keep reminding myself and reminding myself to slow down...

I'm glad I'm not the only one out there that does that!!! We all need someone to keep us from going over the deep end too, mine is my dad...he is never afraid to tell me when I'm acting a little crazy about it, lol.