Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Liquid Immodium

I'm at work and don't have time to search any more for this answer, hopefully someone will just know. I'm having the big D, not necessarily related to a glutening. Out of desperation, I took some Immodium this morning, for the first time ever, because I have to be at work today. We had it in the house for some reason and I hate taking medication of any type, so I'd never even opened the bottle.

Is is gluten-free? It seems like I've read on here that one type isn't, and I'm getting a burning in my stomach now and I don't want my mind to go wild. Since I already have the big D, getting glutened would just be wonderful on top of it. :o

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh no--Liz, I'm almost positive that the liquid has gluten. There was a post about it recently.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong (I hope I am)

The caplets are definately gluten-free--I use them frequently.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Oh no--Liz, I'm almost positive that the liquid has gluten. There was a post about it recently.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong (I hope I am)

The caplets are definately gluten-free--I use them frequently.

That's what I was thinking too. But I didn't think of it until AFTER I'd downed the nasty tasting stuff and was on my way to work. I read every label on everything - I don't know why I didn't read this one. My stomach definitely has that yucky feeling. Good thing the bathroom is next to the auditorium where I teach!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Hope the reaction isn't too bad :( Glad the bathroom isn't far away ;)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev