• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

The time I went to Winnipeg and had to eat gluten-free I ate at Moxie's, they kinda made a special dish for me. Hope that helps :)

~ lisa ~

Thanks for those suggestions.

In case anyone else is going there, here are some really good other places that I went to.

Ira's Deli: C 111 Lombard Ave, 949-1116

Basils: 137 Osborne St, 284-3000

Pasta la Vista: 234 Donald St, 956-2229

The Keg: 115 Garry St, 942-7619

The time I went to Winnipeg and had to eat gluten-free I ate at Moxie's, they kinda made a special dish for me. Hope that helps :)

~ lisa ~

MonDragon http://64.176.29.182/?page_id=14 -- it's a Vegan restaurant, but they have a number of gluten-free menu items and will also custom-make some dishes for you. Hope that helps :)

Does any one know any good restaurants in Winnipeg? I'll be there for a week and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I live in the St. James area and both Moxie's and Joey's at Polo Park mall have gluten-free menus now :)

I've heard the head chef at Gasthaus has Celiac disease and can prepare excellent gluten-free meals but have yet to try.

Prairie Ink in Polo Park mall (in McNally Robinson book store) is a nice cafe and its everyday menu has gluten-free items on it as well!

I am newly diagnosed and a very social person, so I've had to work hard to find restaurants that understand and won't poison me!

Thanks for those suggestions.

In case anyone else is going there, here are some really good other places that I went to.

Ira's Deli: C 111 Lombard Ave, 949-1116

Basils: 137 Osborne St, 284-3000

Pasta la Vista: 234 Donald St, 956-2229

The Keg: 115 Garry St, 942-7619

This is a really old article, but I just stumbled across it myself and thought I would share in case others have yet to hear about the gluten-free beer brewed in Winnipeg :)

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/20...2/17/nubru.html

MONA LISA'S!!

http://monalisaristoranteitaliano.com/index.html

It takes a long time to dine there because they make all their food fresh, so be patient and go when you have a lot of time for your meal :)

They have gluten-free pasta and sauces, gluten-free pizza dough, etc. My experience there was great and I am definitely going back.

It's one of the more expensive places (~$35/person, more if you order wine), but definitely worth it!

A friend of mine has a sister with Celiac and she goes to Mongo's Grill. She tells them she has problems with gluten and the have a list of all their gluten free sauces.