• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Robina

Symptoms Returning Or Worsening With Periods?

Rate this topic

Okay I know this is a weird question... but have of the celiac females here ever experienced celiac symptoms worsening with PMS and periods? I went gluten free about two months ago... and things were going pretty well... but it seems like when I PMS... my celiac symptoms come back... like the GI upset following a glutening... and the excessive hair shedding... and I've had all my hormones tested... which all tests came back normal... I dunno... maybe I'm just crazy...

No, you're not crazy - there was a thread about this not too long ago asking the same question. I usually get some D along with my period. I don't notice any extra hair loss though. But D, headaches, cramping, moodiness..all seem to be pretty standard.

Guest adamssa

hey,

i generally have lots more gi problems and all around problems when i get my period.

sara

Also remember that Pamprin, Midol and all the other mainstream PMS meds have gluten in them. At least the last time I checked. So if you're taking anything for it, you'll want to check and make sure they're gluten free.

Nancy

I have DH and for the most part my itching has subsided. But, it seems like it comes back every period. I scratched my legs and feet so much the other night I have bruises. (This was a common occurrence every day before being diagnosed.) I have not kept track but I think I need to start a journal of what I eat and how I feel each day.