• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

IsAMom

Culver's Restaurant

Rate this topic

We get their family size french fries every Wednesday after church and bring them home to eat with something from here. Does anyone have any info on their fries? We've been eating them for some time and do not seem to have any symptoms (there are 3 celiacs in our home).

Would love to hear what you might know.

Annette in MN

According to the 2006 Gluten/Wheat Free Guide to Eating Out, Culver's Fries are safe. I keep that book in my purse at all times!!!

According to Culvers website, and allergen information... they are NOT gluten free. It says that they actually contain gluten.

I was so happy to see your thread, because we have one of these places, so I thought it might be someplace new to take my kids. So, I went right to the source.... and they are NOT safe. :(

Nope their fries are not safe. They are fried with other glutney foods. Like Jayhawkmom said, they have a great list online. I would advise to check that out to see what your other options are :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I see the fries as listed wheat free. Not sure what other source of gluten they could contain. I did ask our local Culver's (over a year ago) and they said they used a dedicated frier.

Does anyone else have any experience with their fries?

Annette

This may be a dumb question... but are you positive that the person you spoke with understood the concept of a dedicated fryer? I ask that because I've encountered people who assume that it means that fries are cooked ONLY in that fryer, but give no thought to OTHER THINGS being fried in the same fryer. All the fries are done in one, so in their eyes... it's considered "dedicated."

I've never eaten there, but won't after looking at their website, whether wheat is listed or not. It really could be any number of cross-contaminants. :(

my bad. sorry.