• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Kassie

Soccer Banquet

Rate this topic

soccer season is over and like always we are having a banquet, usually they are potluck like meals everyone just brings something, but this time we are going to morey's steak house and they said there will be an "all inclusive meal" what ever that means. they also said the price of the meal per person will be $8.95. so i am guessing that means they already have a meal planned for us or something, meaning we don't get to choose. if so i don't want to pay 9 bucks to probably only eat leafs ( salad once again) as that will probably be a side dish of the meal. i guess i will talk to my coaches tomarrow at school, and see if i can work things out. any suggestions. (oh yah my coaches are very supportive, they make extra stops on our way home from games if i cant eat where they all did) what should i do and does any one know what it means an "all inclusive meal" thanks for any help

I hate having to pay $9 for leaves! (I've unfortunately done it often LOL). I'd call the restaurant to see if they can accomodate you (you might be able to get steak with a plain baked potato and salad). Speak to your coaches as well and see what your options are. Sometimes I'm surprised by people's positive responses when I simply speak up :):)

What I would ask would be if you just didn't have to pay for the meal and eat before hand and maybe bring some of your own food. This way you can have food but there is a way for you to still have fun with the team and have fun at the banquet. You can eat before and then just have fun. I know I have played soccer for 11 years, and had a banqueet every spring winter and fall season and there would always be a pizza party at the end, i would bring my food and then eat with the team just eating my own food and having fun wih my friends and supporting the team.