• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

BabySnooks

Corned Beef And Cabbage

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if corned beef and cabbage is gluten free? My favorite family restaurant serves it every Wednesday and I sure would love to order some. Problem is, I don't know what is in the brine that corned beef is made with.

Sharon

you should ask the chef.

Guest nini

oh man that brings back memories, my dad used to make that a lot when I was growing up... I'm going to have to get the recipe from him!

The corned beef I buy is corn/gluten/soy/etc. free and I just pick it up at my local grocery store. I throw it into the crock pot with cabbage and potatoes - boy, my one son doesn't like meat too much but when we have this, he can't get enough.

you should ask the chef.

Yes, I will be asking the chef/owner of the restaurant. However, I don't always trust that they really know for sure. I think I will go to the market and read the label on the corned beef.

All the corned beef I've ever checked out at the market has been gluten-free, even the spice packet. But absolutely do talk to folks at the restaurant.

richard

All the corned beef I've ever checked out at the market has been gluten-free, even the spice packet. But absolutely do talk to folks at the restaurant.

richard

Sounds like I will be able to enjoy corned beef and cabbage! Thanks to all of you for your input.

Sharon

I eat corned beef and cabbage from the regular ol supermarket. The spices have always been fine for me too. I would ask the chef anyway.. just to be doubly sure. I make this awesome sweet/tangy mustard sauce to go with it... put it on the beef and cabbage and heck the boiled potatoes too!