This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blood Types & Celiac

GEF

What is your blood type?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sunflower Newbie

I think you can do a blood test to define your blood type, and it should show your Rh factor, too. As explained on those link pages, it might be worth knowing if you ever consider having a baby, and in case of blood transfusion (0 Rh- cannot receive 0 Rh+ blood in transfusion, but the other way round it is OK). (which is so unfair! :lol: )

have a good day!

Anna

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kathy-W Newbie

Well my blood type is A positive. My mother's blood type was O positive and my father's blood type was A negative. I don't know what that means, but I do have the dermatitis problems big time. I am being tested for celiac disease. Interesting though don't you think? I also have Systemic Lupus. Oh well.

crazykitty Newbie

Hi

I have been lurking but here goes

I am the odd one out also. AB +

Northern Europeon Ancestry, strongly German with some Irish, Dutch and maybe English thrown in. A Hienz 57 mix.

The B part I understand comes from Asia, some Mongolaian tribesman many eons ago put it in the family line. The A is european.

Interesting with all the Os. I seem to have an O metablism with the AB typing.

It seems to me tha celiac has more to do with some gene types rather than blood typing.

Annette

NaomiR Newbie

My celiac disease son is 0- also.

rgeelan Apprentice

I am A+ but not been tested for celiac disease yet, no idea what my son is... I will have to ask the doctors...

• 1 month later...
Erin Newbie

I'm A positive. I recently got the Blood type book (only skimmed it so far - but I remember it saying to avoid wheat gluten for A's). I will have to read the bood for real now!

plantime Contributor

I am O-. I will have to learn more about the blood type diets. Someone once told me that Os need to eat more protein because they get anemic easily.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest gfinnebraska

Another B+ here... there are very few of us out there! Hmmm... a lot of you Os!!

darlindeb25 Collaborator
:lol: A+ here too and so is my sister, who also is a celiac--i tried the blood type diet, but found the soy they recommend for A+ to be too much for my system--soy sensitive, maybe not intolerant, but definately sensitive and i do believe i can handle my dairy--i did change to olive oil though and try to stay away from too much sugars :D deb
  • 3 years later...
laurie-carr Newbie
On my trip to Barnes & Noble today, I was thumbing through some books related to celiac. An author (whom I don't remember... sorry) mentioned that there was a higher level of occurance of celiacs with blood type O. I thought I'd test the theory, if you're willing.

And what is my type??? O neg :blink:

laurie-carr Newbie

I am O+.....I just read the "Eat right for your type" book and was shocked about what he had said about intestional problems with O+/- people....I was wondering about celiac and O people too......

samcarter Contributor

I'm B+. I don't put a lot of credence in the blood type diet, though. The fact that there are more o-type people here on the board could simply be chalked up to the fact that it's the most common blood type. 37% of the general population has it. Statistically speaking, of course any segment of the population would have more O-type individuals than the other blood types, with all other factors being equal.

Archived