• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

fairydust

Blisters On Fingers

Rate this topic

Does anyone get blisters on their fingers? I have blisters that bubble split and crack on four of my fingers but none of the others. The same ones on both hands. It is puzzling. I've been gluten free for 10 months now.

Does anyone else have similar symptoms?

Does anyone get blisters on their fingers? I have blisters that bubble split and crack on four of my fingers but none of the others. The same ones on both hands. It is puzzling. I've been gluten free for 10 months now.

Does anyone else have similar symptoms?

Me. I do. I have a finger where I get these things that are itchy and sore and you can squeeze them and liquid comes out but it's not like a pimple. It's like a blister. I asked the pharmacist about it and he said it looked like eczema so I tried my daughter's eczema cream on it which works in a couple of days. The cream is called Elidel.

I wonder how many others get this? Is this DH?

I get something similar and don't know anyone else who does. Except I notice that it happens after long periods of exposure to the cold. Painful tiny blisters only on my fingers...I have Raynaud's though - but this will be the first winter that I'm gluten-free...so we'll see what happens. Does this happen to anyone else??

Yes, I get those little blisters on my fingers. If I don't open them they'll dry up, and get to be painful sores. When it gets to that, I have to rip them off, sometimes several times, before they stay away. If I don't do anything they spread. I've had that problem since 1978 (I know that, because it first appeared when I was in Montreal for a year).

But since going gluten-free, and especially after eliminating all the other foods I am intolerant to, I don't get them nearly as often any more. It seems that humidity is a factor with me (and there are mold spores in humid air that make me sick, so why not trigger skin problems, too).

It's dishydrotic eczema. I've had it for years and it is caused by my food allergies. It really flares up bad when I am exposed to soy or dairy. Maybe gluten intolerance can cause it too, or maybe you have food allergies on top of celiacs.