Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kathy Ann

Found A Great Cookie!

Guest Kathy Ann

I don't live in a state with even one of the big health food stores. So it's slim pickings around here for daily shopping. But I was visiting out of state recently and found a new cookie in a Wild Oats. I am usually so cautious with what I buy and eat, that I'm almost afraid to mention it on here for fear that I have overlooked something. But these are individually wrapped large cookies and I bought 3 varieties: Ginger, Chocolate Crunch and Lemon. They are called Nana's No Gluten Cookie. They really taste GREAT and meet my very strict allergy requirements - no eggs, no dairy, no refined sugar, no gluten, no corn, no soy, no hydrogenated oils. They are even sweetened with fruit juice.

I guess I'm excited because I can find almost nothing premade that meets all my restrictions and actually TASTES GOOD at the same time. :)

Guest laydirain

those cookies are a dollar a piece, but I eat one chocolate one every day! it's like my reward. whole foods was out of them this week and i was bummed!

Guest Kathy Ann

The ones I bought at Wild Oats were $2 and something, each. Are we talking about the same ones I wonder?

Those things are so expensive but you should treat yourself every so often. I learned how to make some cookies that are way better than anything I have found so far. However, I was at a walk for autism because one of our friends has a kid with autism and they had gluten free cookies and there was a Pamela's I believe mint chocolate chip and I tell you those things I think were the best gluten free cookies I have yet to try.

I don't live in a state with even one of the big health food stores. So it's slim pickings around here for daily shopping. But I was visiting out of state recently and found a new cookie in a Wild Oats. I am usually so cautious with what I buy and eat, that I'm almost afraid to mention it on here for fear that I have overlooked something. But these are individually wrapped large cookies and I bought 3 varieties: Ginger, Chocolate Crunch and Lemon. They are called Nana's No Gluten Cookie. They really taste GREAT and meet my very strict allergy requirements - no eggs, no dairy, no refined sugar, no gluten, no corn, no soy, no hydrogenated oils. They are even sweetened with fruit juice.

I guess I'm excited because I can find almost nothing premade that meets all my restrictions and actually TASTES GOOD at the same time. :)

Love Nana's cookies!!! My favorite is the lemon. The banana in the bar style are also very yummy. I agree, a bit expensive, but a fun treat for sometimes.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Guest Kathy Ann

The ginger cookie is Nana's best in my opinion. The lemon is great too. The chocolate one needs more chocolate intensity. They are cake-like cookies and not chewy ones. Good with a cup of hot tea.

are all nanas gluten-free? i can only find regular chocolate chip and also oatmeal all the other ones dont say no wheat on the bag

Guest Kathy Ann

No, only some of them. They clearly say Gluten Free on the front. The others just say wheat free or nothing. I think they only have lemon, chocolate, chocolate crunch and ginger gluten free ones in the big cookies and banana and berry in the bar packs. That's what I've seen, anyway.

i love the choclate crunch ones!! they are my fav!!

they make some gluten-free ones and some non gluten-free.. but they clearly label them on the front.

i got my husband a brownie mint one but he still hasnt eaten it and i dont like mint so i cant give you a report on that flavor!

ive never had any pamelas because they all have eggs in them, thats why we love the nana no's ones!!

Hi

No, not all Nana's cookies are gluten-free

The pre-packaged cookies that come 4-5 to a box are, in my opinion nasty....they make a chocolate, banana and very berry

The large Nana individual cookies are pricey..I think a little over $2.00 at our WF but tasty and worth it as a treat

I need to get in the kitchen and make something...LOL

Kim