• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I had my follow up biopsy done on Monday, having been gluten-free since January, and just got the results - it showed that I am reacting well to the gluten-free diet. Hooray :D

I had my follow up biopsy done on Monday, having been gluten-free since January, and just got the results - it showed that I am reacting well to the gluten-free diet. Hooray :D

That's great news Susie!! (give yourself a pat on the back!!) :)

How's the other intolerances going?

That's great but may I ask why you have another biopsy? My doctor said she'd only do that if my blood work didn't come back okay.

I think it's standard practice in the UK, certainly in my area, as the biopsy is a more reliable way of checking how we are doing.

I think it's standard practice in the UK, certainly in my area, as the biopsy is a more reliable way of checking how we are doing.

Oh that's good to know. I'll probably have another one at my 2 year mark unless my blood work shows a problem before that. I may try and get that camera pill instead if that would work...had a bad biopsy experience so I dread ever having another one.

Glad you are doing so well. I think the body's response to the diet is also a good indication of how well one is doing on the diet. I had no idea I had so many things going on relating to ingesting gluten until I went gluten free and miraculously the other issues dissappeared one by one.

That's excellent news!