• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

olalisa

Need A Yummy Finger Food

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone. I'm hoping you all can help me come up with a yummy finger food for tonight. I want to make something pretty substantial, so if the gluten-free pickin's are slim I won't go hungry at the event. I'd love something with sausage or something else nice and warm and filling:)

Also, who knows what mainstream brands of sausage are gluten-free?

THANKS!

with sausage you could make sausage swirls with a bisquit recipe..I have a good one but Im at work right now its easy to make. You can also use the same bisquit recipe for pig n a blankets, I know hilshire farms coctail winers are gluten free. I use Tennessee Pride sausage. I am not sure of another brand. You could make potato skins. I usually take some chicken salad to a part with a bag of corn chips the protein keeps me satisfied.

If you're into dips, here's an AWESOME, filling, warm dip:

1 cup mayo

1 cup sour cream

1 cup parmesan cheese

1 can artichoke hearts (drained & chopped)

(also can add spinach, frozen or fresh chopped)

Mix this all together - put in the oven covered at about 350, for about 1/2 an hour, then uncover & bake for another 15-20 minutes (brown top slightly).

YUM!!! Serve with veggies & tortilla chips

those sound yummy! THANKS! Keep 'em coming--I remembered I'm hosting BUNCO next friday night, and I want to show everyone how good gluten free can be :)

Yes! Do share! :D

I've made this before (sorry to butt in):

Wrap canned water chestnuts in bacon and bake at high heat or under broiler until bacon is crispy.

Meanwhile in a casserole dish mix equal parts (1 cup each of) ketchup, miracle whip and brown sugar. Heat sauce in the microwave.

Put the bacon-wrapped cooked water chestnuts into the sauce and return to the oven until bubbly.

I'm sure it would work with Hellman's. It's tasty.

mamatide

At a recent party someone brought a queso dip and chips. It was a pound of cooked sausage (Jimmy Dean), a pound of velvetta and one can of rotel or salsa. It was really good.

Hez

I also make a water chestnut bacon wrap. But I coat/dip the bacon in white sugar. Then wrap the bacon around the chestnuts, and stab with a tooth pick. Bake at 400 until golden brown. Approximatley 30-40 minutes. check after about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the bacon, they might be done.

They always get gobbled up, so you might want to make extras! I made 2 lbs worth of bacon at my halloween party and they were gone within 15 minutes, LOL.

-Laurie