• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

JerryK

I've Decided What To Do..

Rate this topic

Thanks to the poster who suggested this. I think it's what I want to do and I'm willing to

pay out of pocket to have it done. The only question I have is, where do I go to do it?

I'd appreciate suggestions from folks who know or have had this done. Also, does anyone

know if you should just go on eating whatever, until you have the panel.

Thanks, Jerry

Thanks to the poster who suggested this. I think it's what I want to do and I'm willing to

pay out of pocket to have it done. The only question I have is, where do I go to do it?

I'd appreciate suggestions from folks who know or have had this done. Also, does anyone

Thanks, Jerry

I got mine done at my naturopath's office. It's just a blood test that they send to a lab. A few "regular" doctors do the testing too, but probably not in Kaiser. See if Kaiser will refer you to a naturopath (some HMO's will do this) to start. If not, call around and see who in your area does it.

Keep eating "normally" until the test.

I discovered years after doing this testing that it's controversial. It was extremely accurate in my case though, and I think it's a great place to start. Apparently there's some room for false positives, but those are better than false negatives IMHO.

I plan on doing one through Lame Advertisement (remove the spaces and google). I called and talked to both York/Optimum Health and Lame Advertisement and was far more impressed with what A LCAT had to say and their time back and everything. Seemed like a much better test.

I'm ordering it next week. :)

Thanks, Jerry

I used Immunolabs. Their website will give you numbers to call to find someone who does it locally. I think its immunolabs.com They were extremely accurate for me.

I plan on doing one through Lame Advertisement (remove the spaces and google). I called and talked to both York/Optimum Health and Lame Advertisement and was far more impressed with what A LCAT had to say and their time back and everything. Seemed like a much better test.

I'm ordering it next week. :)

Thats the one I got in the first place that showed me gluten problems. VERY impressed with them.