• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

whatsamatta

Grand Cayman

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of any gluten-free places in Grand Cayman? This is my 1st post! :)

Hi, welcome! I don't have an answer for you, but I'm glad you asked because I'll be in Grand Cayman in a little over a month! :D Eagerly awaiting answers, lol.

Guest cassidy

I have never been there but I did go to Mexico and the Bahamas a few months ago. I contacted my hotel before I went and they said they could accommodate me. They were wonderful and introduced me to the chef and made sure that my food was very safe. They even made me "take out" food to take on day trips and to the airport.

I also didn't have a problem getting food into the country - or into the Bahamas. I usually clear out the minibar and put my food in there, or if there isn't a minibar/fridge, I just bring a small cooler and check it. I brought tons of food so I never went hungry.

I would contact the hotel and see what they say. If it is a big resort there may be some good international chefs working there that are well trained.

Good luck and have a great trip!

I went on a cruise, so ate mostly on the ship. We had a shore excursion planned for Grand Cayman, but that got cancelled, so mainly we just walked around the port area then went back to the ship to eat. So, sorry but can't help on hotels or good places to eat. The up side is that we had a great time, lol. :lol: