• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

ladybugpumpkin

Applebee's

Rate this topic

does anyone know if the new "crispy brick chicken" at applebees is gluten free?

I honestly have no idea, but thus far... I've not found any Applebee's to have even a remote clue about gluten intolerance issues. So, we stopped going there a long time ago.

That place was our family favorite.

I went to Applebee's about 2 years ago as it was my hubby's favorite place. The manager tried so hard, but I got glutened real bad. I have not been back there. They really tried, but it just is not worth it to me as there are so many other places I can go to.

I had two bites of my boyfriend's from their the other night. Judging only on how I felt (b/c honestly they look at you like you have two heads when you say you are allergic to wheat), it is not gluten free. Must be the marinade or something on it. But also, it could be cc because they put croutons on their vegetables that were on the same plate for some unknown reason.

AMB, I've heard that Chilis has a gluten-free menu and I know it's right near Applebee's where you are. Also Cheeseburger in Paradise has a gluten-free menu.

Let me give you fair warning ... eat at home this weekend, it's parent weekend for IU. :P I'll be stuck waiting for a table at Cheeseburger ... but I think we'll got straight there from my daughter's work at 5 to try to beat the crowd. For me, it will be lunch at Nicks', dinner at Cheeseburger, breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn (the only breakfast place I feel safe eating since I stand there and watch them cook).

There are a lot of other options, I'd just skip Applebee's and Fridays.

Both Malibu Grill and the University Club downtown are willing to work with you. The manager at Malibu (we were regulars ... our picture is on their website even, but this was before diagnosis) even came over to me one day after my diagnosis and said there was another celiac who came in and he was happy he already had learned all about it from me. Sadly, their Key Lime Martinis are NOT gluten-free!

I waitressed at two different applebee's during college, and their chicken breasts have a marinade on them that has soy sauce. Almost all of their food is prepackaged and full of wheat/gluten unfortunately. SOME of them used to offer a plain chicken breast (not listed on the menu) but honestly, I would be very hesitant to eat there---I do not.