• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

ILOVEOMC

Brand Of Gluten-free Whole Turkey For Thanksgiving

Rate this topic

I did some research last year and found that quite a few turkeys were gluten-free. Your best bet is to decide which turkey you want and call the company. I stood in the grocery store doing just that. I am sorry I cannot remember any of the brands.

Hez

As with any other plain raw meat.ll you have to do is read the ingredients. The USDA requires that anything that adds nutritional value be clearly listed. As confirmed by the USDA, this includes ANY grain. Butterball is definitely gluten-free. I've never seen a plain, unstuffed turkey that has gluten.

richard

I love Honeysuckle White! I am not able to find it here, though :(

So...I get a fresh Butterball--it has to be ordered a couple of weeks ahead of time, but it's worth it. :)

It's so nice to see you --glad you popped in! :D

ditto what richard said. I generally get a Diestel turkey, as I prefer supporting their business practices over most of the conventional farms that I've seen, and because that's the brand I went with the first year I went gluten-free (I made the dietary change very shortly before thanksgiving, and hadn't found many resources on identifying gluten or not at the time).

After checking out turkey choices at the local grocery store I sent out some emails to verify that they're free of gluten, casein/dairy, and soy. Here's the reply I got from Honeysuckle:

Thank you for contacting Honeysuckle White.

Our fresh and frozen whole turkeys are injected with a basting solution that contains turkey broth (turkey juice and water), salt, sodium phosphate, sugar and a natural flavoring that is an allergen free, non-dairy butter flavoring.

The product is MSG, gluten, soy and dairy/casien free.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Tammy

Cargill Value Added Meats