• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Kristen2Denise

Need Help Buying A Gift

Rate this topic

Help! A close family friend who is basically like a little sister to me is turning 16 on Friday I have been trying to figure out what to get her and would like something sort of sentimental or thoughtful not just a giftcard, but 16 is a tricky age.....anyone have any suggestions?

i know what you mean...i just had to by a bday present for my actual younger sister who was turning 17... if you know her taste a little bit, i'd go with jewelry. what's your price range? i'm pretty poor, but i was able to get my sister this really pretty/unique cross pendant thing that she can put on a necklace she already has so it wasn't too expensive. ??? just an idea. i think if you get something unique and that plays into their interests it will be fairly successful :) good luck!

Guest cassidy

What about taking her out shopping and letting her pick something out? She might like spending time with you and if you give her a dollar amount she could get exactly what she wants at the same time. I used to love having lunch with my mom and going shopping. I know it is tricky for us to eat out, so I don't know how you feel about that, but she might like to spend some time with you. Or you could go to the movies or do something else she would like. Stuff is nice, but spending time with someone usually makes the best memories.

I'm a jewlery (beaded style) designer and I'd probably suggest that too...but not out of sales from me. :P

If you have time to order on line, there's a place called "Auntie's Beads" (www.auntiesbeads.com) that has some adorable "prayer box pendants". They're fairly cheep and are sterling silver. You can write a note to her on paper and close it into the prayer box and put it on a nice chain and Whalla, b-day present.

Hope this isn't too late...if it is, there's always next year.